TWO TIER COMPETITION

• Hows this sound
    The NRL grade the 16 teams from 1 -16 grading on the basis of
    Salary Cap, Third Party agreements and Sponsorships
    Teams 1 - 8 play each other twice 14 weeks play 5 team semis series 3 weeks.
    Teams 9-16 do the same when the two competition are completed the the top 4 teams come together play each other once 7 weeks play 2 week semi series knock out 1 v 4 and 2v 4 the two winners play the final.This could be called the Challenge Cup
    Teams 5- 8 could do the same This could be called the Challenge
    Plate
    The season would take 26 weeks to complete the present competition runs over 30 weeks including semis the four week difference could be used to play Stand Alone State of Origin combined with a mini pacific cup the final could be played on Stand Alone Anzac Test weekend.
    Its different but would provide competitive games each week gradings could be done each year or promotion and relegation introduced.

• Sorry, what?

• The comp is not fine how it is. It is not fair for all teams. Unless you play all teams either once or twice you have an uneven competition. Also there are additional advantages and disadvantages associated with weekly turn around times (ie Brisbane). I donโ€™t know the answer but welcome debate and ideas such as that from Elderslie Tiger

• Would the top 4 from the bottom 8 get promoted ๐Ÿ˜†

• Hey ET- I think that is an innovative suggestion that you would hope would level the playing field and take away some of the advantages or disadvantages that clubs face under the current format.

Of course we would still have high ranked teams under achieving and lower ones perhaps playing strongly, so both conferences may still have lop-sided games. The problem will be converting the clubs and fans to a completely new and different format - unfortunately most people are so resistant to change.

• I have a better idea about how to level out the comp.

1. Remove TPAs altogether and have a strict salary cap that is monitored by a third party (independent)
    auditor.
    2. Enforce all contracts for both teams and players. No-one should be allowed to break an agreement. if players want to leave early - tough luck. Or perhaps give them a way out by buying out their contract.

• @:

I have a better idea about how to level out the comp.

1. Remove TPAs altogether and have a strict salary cap that is monitored by a third party (independent)
    auditor.
    2. Enforce all contracts for both teams and players. No-one should be allowed to break an agreement. if players want to leave early - tough luck. Or perhaps give them a way out by buying out their contract.

Iโ€™m with you 100% but how do you rule out TPAโ€™s and more to the point, how do you rule out the additional under the table payments? Read on here that once a player signs with the Rorters he pays for nothing - goes to certain shops, supermarkets restaurants etc and all is taken care of. This type or cheating will never be eliminated. Clubs with money, contacts, wealthy supporters/sponsors will always be able to offer players more.

listened with interest last night when Paul Crawley stated rewarding teams like Penrith for producing juniors was unfair on clubs like Rorters and Storm. can you believe it!!?? He was saying that they cant produce juniors so clubs that can should not be rewarded for that. With this mentality in the game less cashed up clubs will always finish in the bottom of the table.

I think clubs like Tigers, Eels, Panthers etc should be richly rewarded for producing the abundance of talent they produce. THEN we might start to get a more even competition.

• @:

Would the top 4 from the bottom 8 get promoted ๐Ÿ˜†

could it be like the premier league promotion and demotion system?

• @:

@:

I dunno Swagster ???
    It would take the cronies in the NRL 20 years to implement such idea .
    They canโ€™t even sort out next years salary cap .
    Wests Tigers Division 2 ๐Ÿ˜† with replays on SbS at 2:00am !

• Can barely put 16 teams of quality on the field now.
    It would just be park football on tv

• @:

@:

@:

I dunno Swagster ???

We could be the team the makes it into Division 1 only to be knocked out the next year ๐Ÿ˜†

• @:

@:

@:

@:

I dunno Swagster ???

We could be the team the makes it into Division 1 only to be knocked out the next year ๐Ÿ˜†

We could get the double spoon in first grade and 2nd grade.
    What a feat.
    Oh and weโ€™d have 2 teams going around in Division 2 the following season. Weโ€™d even play each other. Lol

• The stumbling block to a 2 teir competition is the make of the ARLC. Each club has a vote and I cant see them risk playing technically in a second division competition.

This was the biggest mistake when forming the ARLC!

Recent Topics