Hard to be disappointed with that one

• Playing with half a reserve grade squad and half the salary cap of the Roosters, we took them right down to the wire and gave them a run for their money. It’s so blatantly obvious that we’re just lacking the personal at the moment. Cleary has gotten so much more out of this team than anyone else could have. I mean face it, none of our top squad besides Teddy and Woods would get a run in any other team.

So yeah, it’s hard losing to the Roosters again but, looking at the big picture we’re going really well at the moment and I’m just happy with how the team has pulled together.

On an unrelated note, it’s getting harder and harder to watch Teddy, just knowing that he will be playing for my least favourite team next year. Having to play against him as well.

• hmmn…. Im taking that you watched the game when you were clearly asked to stop jinxing us

• Valiant effort from the boys …
    We desperately need a new half back

• @:

hmmn…. Im taking that you watched the game when you were clearly asked to stop jinxing us

Sorry……

• Proud as punch and thought Brooks was good

• Pretty good effort but our lack of composure on last tackles and when the game is on the line is very obvious.

• Solid effort across the park. They muscled up in the middle. Went back to their old ways defensively for that last Roosters try, rushing in.

Can’t help but feel we could have won it. Too much cheap possession turned over and those bloody forward passes from dummy half. Brooks overran it, but Mcilwrick should have taken other options.

• We will be ok without teddy because we will have a stronger squad overall.

I think a lot of the squad has improved too.

Twal, Eiso and Aloiai belong in FG and would make most squads imo. Lawrence and ET are handy too.

LoLo, Nofo, Grant, Sue, MCK, Marsters etc… are somewhere below the Level we need them at, but most have the potential to become very good players if they bring their best efforts consistently. 2 months ago I didn’t think we could carry all these guys, but they are lifting their game as a unit.

Brooks, Kev, MWZ, Edwards and unfortunately McIllwrick are the ones I’m not sure of. Brooks probably has the most chance of being useful but far too inconsistent.

I think a lot of the squad has improved and I no longer think of us a team made up of reserve graders.

• ForumSupporter

There was no giving up…

Errors killed us…they are playing for each other…unlike previous Wests Tigers Teams…you can’t ask for much more regardless of the result…

• We were good. Twal is definitely a first grade player but not a quality player. Marsters is a good player but he doesn’t have the speed to be in the centres and possibly not the size to be in the backrow.

I think McIlwrick isn’t really a first grade player. He can contribute but in a critical position he makes some mistakes.

I thought Brooks was good. He just needs some help.

We definitely aren’t a reserve grade team. We are close to being able to compete with the top teams in the comp.

• Imagine how much better we could be with new blood replacing the off contract players under Cleary. Good times ahead.

:sign:

• If McIllwrick had started the game at Hooker instead of ET we would have had a better chance of winning, I suppose they gave him a little rest after Marty ‘The Strongest Man in the NRL’ Tapau nearly removed his head last weekend, on that subject how did Jarrod Waera-Heargreaves see out the game tonight?..…

• Look… I think we are all disappointed we didn’t get the win. Coulda shoulda didn’t, whatever
    Over the last few seasons all we die hards have wanted is a team that tries its ring out and we can be proud of.
    Tonight was one of those, as have the last few weeks.
    If we can continue this attitude with some quality team players coming to slot in I think we will have many better weeks than not next year.

• @:

Imagine how much better we could be with new blood replacing the off contract players under Cleary. Good times ahead.

:sign:

You make a good point. The problem is that we are losing Tedesco. Woods isn’t currently in our top forwards but Tedesco has the ability to win games.

• very happy with how they went. We were quite lucky in some ways too, they bombed about 3-4 tries and tedescos pass was obviously a mile forward.

felt proud watching them tonight

Recent Topics