Drew Hutchinson..

• I think we should sign Illawarra (Dragons NSW Cup team) Halfback Drew Hutchinson for 2018 season.Even better a two year contract,with the 2nd in our favor as an option.

He would be cheap.Sadly coming off an injury,but been back a few weeks now.A halfback,who’s big,with a good kicking game,and good defense.Good for depth,still quite young (24 I think next year),and would put healthy pressure on Brooks. Plus,could also be mentored by a returning Marshall.

Hutchinson could develop,even into a ball playing lock.A cheap low risk signing for depth.Dragons have told him he will not be re-signed for 2018,because of Ben Hunt going there.I’d rather get him,than re-sign LittleJohn who’s has proven to be not very good.

People’s thoughts?

• @:

I think we should sign Illawarra (Dragons NSW Cup team) Halfback Drew Hutchinson for 2018 season.Even better a two year contract,with the 2nd in our favor as an option.

He would be cheap.Sadly coming off an injury,but been back a few weeks now.A halfback,who’s big,with a good kicking game,and good defense.Good for depth,still quite young (24 I think next year),and would put healthy pressure on Brooks. Plus,could also be mentored by a returning Marshall.

Hutchinson could develop,even into a ball playing lock.A cheap low risk signing for depth.Dragons have told him he will not be re-signed for 2018,because of Ben Hunt going there.I’d rather get him,than re-sign LittleJohn who’s has proven to be not very good.

People’s thoughts?

I agree with you. If we do sign him we should start him at lock and could be a third playmaker plus kicker we need in games. Also I believe he can goal-kick too which is much needed. But part of me says we don’t need him because we have Brooks, Reynolds, Marshall and Gamble all vying for a halves spot.

• Sounds like a plan. Make it happen.

• Agree 100%.

I mentioned that we should sign him as a lock a few months ago, when it was said he was unwanted at saints.

Bird will play lock for the Broncos, it will transform the game once again and how the lock plays.

Hutchinson will kill it there, would give us an 80 minute option there as well. Eiso back to the front row and we are set.

8. Matulino
    9. Liddle
    10. Packer
    11. McQueen
    12. Taylor
    13. Hutchinson

14. Eisunhuth
    15. Twal
    16. Sue
    17. Marsters

• My thoughts are that my opinion has no value on if this guy can play or not because I’ve never seen him. We need to add though quality to our team.

• I’d rather be looking at Duffie tbh

• Who’s Duffie?

• Its Dufty.

Benji had big wraps on Hutchinson when he was at the Steelers.

• There were wraps on the cowboy’s up and coming halves (Cooper Bambling & Kyle Laybutt), but with Morgan & TMM there, they will not get a shot for a while.

Cameron Cullen has shown his share of ability in the past. There are plenty of young unproven halves around.

Kane Elgey had huge wraps on him, but this season has been terrible.

• @:

There were wraps on the cowboy’s up and coming halves (Cooper Bambling & Kyle Laybutt), but with Morgan & TMM there, they will not get a shot for a while.

Cameron Cullen has shown his share of ability in the past. There are plenty of young unproven halves around.

Kane Elgey had huge wraps on him, but this season has been terrible.

Elgey is coming off a knee reco. Not sure if that is affecting him.

• Nope don’t rate Hutchinson at all. And I think he’s ultimately too big for the halves, like Sutton.

• Milky, why would we sign a half to play lock? 😮

If we were to buy another back up half, I’d go for Cameron Cullen. He looks like he’s first grade quality

Recent Topics