Bayley Sironen to make debut...

• ForumSupporter

Bayley Sironen to make first-grade debut

Tue 22nd August, 04:15PM
    A A

Wests Tigers forward Bayley Sironen will become Wests Tigers Player #207 this Friday night when he makes his first-grade debut against the North Queensland Cowboys.

Sironen has been named to come off the bench by Coach Ivan Cleary — a deserved reward for the talented youngster who has been playing in the Club’s reserve-grade team.

Named in the NSW U/20 side and awarded the State Player of the Year in 2016, Sironen has developed well throughout the 2017 season — overcoming an injury setback at the start of the year before becoming an integral part of the Club’s 2017 Intrust Super Premiership side.

The former Australian Schoolboy will be the fifth player to make his first-grade debut for the Club in 2017 following Moses Suli, Esan Marsters, Matt Eisenhuth and Alex Twal.

Sironen will share his milestone moment with fellow interchange forward Sauaso Sue, who will become the 20th player to play 100 first-grade games for Wests Tigers this weekend.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2017/08/22/bayley_sironen_to_ma.html

• Good news for Bayley, but were people alluding that he is leaving next year ?

• Great to see this opportunity given to another Sironen,really look forward to seeing him in first grade as i have no idea about his style or talent

• @:

Good news for Bayley, but were people alluding that he is leaving next year ?

I doubt it - or he’d be playing with Ava again.

• Good stuff, loving Clearys approach.

Eiso, Twal, Sironen, Marsters…this is awesome

Hope Sironen kills it

• Really like how the young guys are getting a chance. Good luck Bayley

• i guess playing for a development contact

• Interesting oerhaos its a chance to audition for one of the few places left in our top 30 squad.

• This is great. Obviously Cleary believes he has something to offer hope he goes well.

• would have preferred Tatola but good luck to him

• Very Weird. He’s been played out of position in the halves for half the season, and played poorly at that. If we see him as a forward prospect why haven’t we been playing him there? Or is he going to play in the halves?

Could potentially be an impact back rower, runs good lines, but the mind boggles if so, he needs practice hitting it up, not playing halfback in a team getting pumped by 50-60 every week.

He’s off contract i think too, are we giving him one shot to test himself for a new contract? Is pretty small and gets injured a lot.

• Yeh odd I was told some time back he’d been advised he wouldnt be required next year, maybe Ivans had a change of mind

Hope he goes well, watched him progress from about 8 years of age

• I’ve never seen him play, so I’m looking forward to his debut. That list of 2017 debutants is impressive - every player that has debuted for us has been quality. Usually there would be a couple of debutants that strike out, and a couple that were just short term fill ins.

• ForumSupporter

I remember reading a while back that he was joining curtis at manly

• @:

Very Weird. He’s been played out of position in the halves for half the season, and played poorly at that. If we see him as a forward prospect why haven’t we been playing him there? Or is he going to play in the halves?

Could potentially be an impact back rower, runs good lines, but the mind boggles if so, he needs practice hitting it up, not playing halfback in a team getting pumped by 50-60 every week.

He’s off contract i think too, are we giving him one shot to test himself for a new contract? Is pretty small and gets injured a lot.

There has been zero depth in nsw cup this year. My take his playing for a development contract

Recent Topics