Wests Tigers duo charged

Wests Tigers duo, King charged

Sat 26 Aug, 2017, 4:58pm

Wests Tigers pair Michael Chee-Kam and Matt McIlwrick are facing a week on the sidelines while Knights prop Josh King was also charged for an incident in the Knights’ loss to the Raiders on Friday night.

Chee-Kam was cited for a shoulder charge on Michael Morgan in the 64th minute of the Cowboys’ win over Wests Tigers at Campbelltown Stadium, and will miss one match with an early guilty plea.

A poor past record means McIlwrick will miss one match with an early guilty plea for his dangerous contact charge.

http://www.nrl.com/wests-tigers-duo-king-charged/tabid/10874/newsid/111447/default.aspx

No hooker and No Chee-Kam next week…

Boooooo…

Well that sucks. JLJ to play 9 with Brooks back on deck? Hopefully Lawrence will be right to partner Aloiai in the backrow.

Is this the NRL trying to justify the bulldust penalty against CheeKam that turned the game upside down?

NRL is turning into a joke! ….but nobody is laughing.

Cheekam deserves a week for that, very silly or lazy not attempting a tackle

https://streamable.com/7pjk9

Brooks and Lawrence won’t be back this year

Chee-Kam’s actions reminds me of the silly penalties that Ennis used to perform to throw SOO games away - I used to wonder if there was something more behind it than stupidity. How Ennis can now be a commentator after letting NSW down so stupidly I don’t know.

So you can deliberately elbow someone in the face after they kick a ball……

And Chee Kam gets a week for that?

Seriously

@:

So you can deliberately elbow someone in the face after they kick a ball……

And Chee Kam gets a week for that?

Seriously

As always it depends on who you play for

There is nothing in that at all.

WT have already paid a heavy price for MCK’s stupidity on Friday night and McIllwrick should have also have known better given the body positions.

Having stated that, it seems very unfair if Winterstein has no case to answer for his shoulder on Nofo and of course the JWH effort.

@:

There is nothing in that at all.

If it was Taupau doing it to our then Moses or Tedesco we would not be so accommodating. I am relieved that at least the guy was not obviously injured.

Got to love the lets pick on the 15th and 16th teams to get a point across to the protected species.

This is an absolute joke. Some of the MRP outcomes almost seem like a preconceived agenda.

Obviously these offences were above the very flexible line that sees players fined.

This happens in local footy as well. All depends on who you play for.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.