2017 Premiers

• Who can beat Melbourne?
    I can’t see them losing a game from here on in.

• I put $20 on the roosters in February

• storm

• ForumSupporter

Wests Tige……Oh

• Semi finals are a totally different ball game.
    Melb have a huge advantage possibly playing both at home… But they’re not unbeatable

• It will be one of those successful clubs, like the dogs.

• They way I look at Melbourne is that they’re now a much more dynamic team.
    They can grind or they can play open free flowing football and they’re the best at both.
    They have speed to burn on both sides of the field, they counter attack from transitions and put teams immediately under pressure.
    Their halfback is crafty with the best kicking game in the comp, their hooker is a weapon with the boot in more than one way too.
    If you want to turn the game into a grind they’ll outgrind you, if you want to play uptempo or throw the ball around they’ll beat you at that too.
    They have a combination of skill, experience, youth, toughness, attitude, composure, speed, footy smarts that no one gets close to, they’ve got it all covered.

How do you approach them as a coach, what kind of plan do you come up with to beat them?

Engrave the trophy now, this competition is over.

• Had a little on Melbourne at $8 at the start of the season. Feeling confident, but hey all in the top 4 are definitely in with a shot during finals.

• @:

They way I look at Melbourne is that they’re now a much more dynamic team.
    They can grind or they can play open free flowing football and they’re the best at both.
    They have speed to burn on both sides of the field, they counter attack from transitions and put teams immediately under pressure.
    Their halfback is crafty with the best kicking game in the comp, their hooker is a weapon with the boot in more than one way too.
    If you want to turn the game into a grind they’ll outgrind you, if you want to play uptempo or throw the ball around they’ll beat you at that too.
    They have a combination of skill, experience, youth, toughness, attitude, composure, speed, footy smarts that no one gets close to, they’ve got it all covered.

How do you approach them as a coach, what kind of plan do you come up with to beat them?

Engrave the trophy now, this competition is over.

Yep, and the future is looking bright with Brodie Croft working his way in to replicate Cronk almost exactly.

• Cronulla or Easts are the only two I see beating Melbourne, and that relies on the Storm having to drop a couple of gears to be catchable.

• Parra for sure.

• I can see a grinding dragons team taking care of a few supposed contenders

• The Broncos have the ad lib attack that can beat Melbourne with their structured defence

• Banned

Melbourne were close to the best last year as well. Cronulla just got them in the GF through completing at almost 100%, covering the inside men whenever the speedsters made breaks and making Cam work his butt of defensively…i think he made over 70 tackles. They are beatable on a slightly off day.

That said im tipping them to win the GF by 30 no matter who they are against.

• Melbourne to win the Grand Final and Cameron Smith to win best on ground.

Cooper Cronk after Grand Final win to announce his retirement.

Cronulla are the only team that could trouble Storm

Recent Topics