We Need A Centre

• Ive noted next year that we lack a well established experianced centre, even though Marsters has been doing a great job he is a fill in and should be our 13 next year IMO. Suli is still raw and should have one spot so that leaves Milnne who is a fringe 1st grader at this stage & Fresh Prince who reads defence & defends like Helen Keller at times, but i think we need to make a play for Josh Morris, he is on the table & would be a great fit as he is great defender and we need that out wide, plus he has big game experiance and would really show Suli and co the way forward.

• Josh Morris is getting on and has massive degenerative knee problems. He is as slow as a wet week. Chris Lawrence would bring as much and is being paid under the long serving player allowance

• How good has Marsters been ? Do we really need another centre. Suli, Marsters, Milne and Kev to me sound like a pretty decent bunch of players. We may also have another young player come on.

I’d like a JAC type winger but our squad looks pretty solid next year.

I honestly think we need to see how we gel next year and then go to market.

• @:

How good has Marsters been ? Do we really need another centre. Suli, Marsters, Milne and Kev to me sound like a pretty decent bunch of players. We may also have another young player come on.

Founa has been man of steel in the UK so who says he can’t make an impact here?

• Marsters has been fantastic and deserves to start at centre next year. Suli was great at the start of the year and should continue to develop. Kevin and Milne are good back ups.

• Banned

A lot of people underestimating Mahe Fonua. He will be one of the first players picked.

• @:

A lot of people underestimating Mahe Fonua. He will be one of the first players picked.

Probably used as a winger.

• People have forgotten how good Fonua was at centre for the Storm. He would be very strong in the centres with Suli and a great example for him,

• @:

@:

How good has Marsters been ? Do we really need another centre. Suli, Marsters, Milne and Kev to me sound like a pretty decent bunch of players. We may also have another young player come on.

He may go great there. That is why I said I think we should see how we go and then go to market. Maybe our spine will deliver. Maybe our outside backs will have an impact. Maybe our forwards will be good enough.

We have a lot more depth next year. I’m inclined to wait and see how we go.

• @:

@:

Fonua has not been Man of Steel in the UK…

• @:

People have forgotten how good Fonua was at centre for the Storm. He would be very strong in the centres with Suli and a great example for him,

Look at him as a winger for Hull now. He is agile and quick for a big bodied player.

• I agree, we need this Centre of Excellence…

• Depth signings could include Jeremy Hawkins or Brendan Elliot.

• @:

Ive noted next year that we lack a well established experianced centre, even though Marsters has been doing a great job he is a fill in and should be our 13 next year IMO. Suli is still raw and should have one spot so that leaves Milnne who is a fringe 1st grader at this stage & Fresh Prince who reads defence & defends like Helen Keller at times, but i think we need to make a play for Josh Morris, he is on the table & would be a great fit as he is great defender and we need that out wide, plus he has big game experiance and would really show Suli and co the way forward.

Glad your not the recruitment officer or the coach.

Marsters at lock?
    Morris (Well past his use by date) in the centre?

Suppose you play Taylor in ISP, Eisenhuth in ISP ….?

• @:

People have forgotten how good Fonua was at centre for the Storm. He would be very strong in the centres with Suli and a great example for him,

I have forgotten that is for sure.

Only ever seen him play on the wing for the Storm.

Recent Topics