Basket Cases

• At the backend of 2017, which club do you rank as the biggest “Basket Case”?

Talking into account Front Office leaks,coach killing Players, dressing room lost. Media speculation. Boardroom splits, Disgruntled Fans, Walking Headlines and the like.

Here’s my Top5

1.Titians
    2. Dogs
    3. Souths
    4. Penrith
    5. Saints/Raiders

• Titans - but mostly caused by one bloke. Before he came along, they were actually looking OK.

• the coach killer strikes at Souths.

• Dogs for mine - they have got it all - cap mismanagement, coach losing the dressing room, coach and management at loggerheads, management in disarray with people quitting, disgruntled fans wanting blood, loss of personality players, coaches head on the chopping block ……etc etc

• @:

Dogs for mine - they have got it all - cap mismanagement, coach losing the dressing room, coach and management at loggerheads, management in disarray with people quitting, disgruntled fans wanting blood, loss of personality players, coaches head on the chopping block ……etc etc

Coach re-signed while not performing. Signing players in strength areas…

Yep, dogs for mine.

• Dogs and Titans

• We were the Basket case of 2017.

Losing Coach JT
    Key players leaving
    Players we let go kicking on
    Win 7 games in total
    Finishing second last

We are in denial if less than dismal form in the latter rounds has made us forget.

I think we def had a season that cant see us sink any lower

• Us

• Think the OP’s original point was about the status at the back of the season - in that case I’d say the Dogs or Titans.

• @:

Us

Not any more after this year,

• Mosts sides who finish outside the 8 or well below expectations are linked to all sorts of internal issues by the media. You do not see the media targeting successful teams even when there is internal scandals going on. Last year when Pearce was in the headlines, the media focused on him and basically left the club alone, if it was us they would be focusing on the club as much as the individual.

Its all about being a winner, its actually scary to think how our club will grow if we ever have some sustained success on the field

• @:

Titans - but mostly caused by one bloke. Before he came along, they were actually looking OK.

Agree 100%.

• @:

We were the Basket case of 2017.

Losing Coach JT
    Key players leaving
    Win 7 games in total
    Finishing second last

We are in denial if less than dismal form in the latter rounds has made us forget.

No we wont sink any lower based on your first two points. Go the mighty Wests Tigers without the divas! :sign:

• @:

@:

Us

Not any more after this year,

2014 to mid 2017 along with Newcastle we were right towards the top of the Basket Case list.
    However, right now.
    We are out of the Top5 Basket Cases (iMO).
    Other teams have leap frogged us.

• @:

We were the Basket case of 2017.

Losing Coach JT
    Key players leaving
    Win 7 games in total
    Finishing second last

Yeah, we could have finished last?

Recent Topics