Sam mckendry

• I was in Panthers yesterday and seen all the players leave the club, Sam was with them and looked health. Why don’t we go after him a good sold play international before his injuries.
    Might get him at the right $$$$
    Just after. Your thoughts :crazy 😆 :blah 😛 :brick:

• We were rumoured to be interested in sam earlier in the season

• We should only sign new players for 1 year contracts now unless their a junior we want to develop.

We have changed well over half our team. I don’t know which players will prove themselves and which will flop. Will we be weak in the Lock, centers, Forwards, on the wing, will our 5/8 and half gell?

Save our powder, keep cap space free once we work out where we need people in this new team. We have so many players who could either be Brilliant or hopeless, we won’t know this till they have played 5 games together.

Sure if Manu Mau comes on the market for 300K or a simliar bargain. GET THEM. But I think we should save our powder till we know where we are weak.

• Too big of a risk IMO. Don’t need an injury prone bloke playing in the most physical position on the park, we gave Ballin and Idris a shot and both gambles backfired on us. Sign healthy players instead from now on in.
    McQueen and Reynolds both look to be pretty likely of missing lots of games in the next few seasons, we don’t want another crock to add to the list.

• @:

We should only sign new players for 1 year contracts now unless their a junior we want to develop.

We have changed well over half our team. I don’t know which players will prove themselves and which will flop. Will we be weak in the Lock, centers, Forwards, on the wing, will our 5/8 and half gell?

Save our powder, keep cap space free once we work out where we need people in this new team. We have so many players who could either be Brilliant or hopeless, we won’t know this till they have played 5 games together.

Sure if Manu Mau comes on the market for 300K or a simliar bargain. GET THEM. But I think we should save our powder till we know where we are weak.

I couldn’t envisage any player (or manager advising their client) to sign for one year when offers for longer tenure are available at other clubs. The reality is also the weaker clubs have to offer longer contracts to attract good players.

• @:

@:

We should only sign new players for 1 year contracts now unless their a junior we want to develop.

I couldn’t envisage any player (or manager advising their client) to sign for one year when offers for longer tenure are available at other clubs. The reality is also the weaker clubs have to offer longer contracts to attract good players.

Exactly why we signed Reynolds and co on long 4 year deals. Ideally two year contracts with a one year option favouring the club are what you want, but with demand being way higher than supply clubs are forced into these four year deals

• Doesn’t someone on here know McKendry? Tiger Talk said in June it weren’t happening.
    http://www.weststigersforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28912&p=841703&hilit=mckendry#p841703

• To set about turning the club in a direction we haven’t been before. Building a tougher culture with passion. Like the Wests and Balmains teams in the passed.

• No thanks. Well covered for props. If you know a good back rower though.

• @:

@:

You are right, unless a good player wants an opportunity elsewhere in 2019 and has a year free. (Like Blake Austin did for example). We won’t sign anyone good for a year.

All i am saying is hold our powder. We haven’t seen this team play. We have a lot of players who are going to play somewhere between hopeless or excellent, we don’t know who will succeed and who will suck under Ivan.

Lets wait till these guys play a few games together, identify where we are weak and recruit the good player in the position we need them in.

• @:

@:

@:

You are right, unless a good player wants an opportunity elsewhere in 2019 and has a year free. (Like Blake Austin did for example). We won’t sign anyone good for a year.

All i am saying is hold our powder. We haven’t seen this team play. We have a lot of players who are going to play somewhere between hopeless or excellent, we don’t know who will succeed and who will suck under Ivan.

Lets wait till these guys play a few games together, identify where we are weak and recruit the good player in the position we need them in.

that sounds too sensible.

• Agreed…we need to have wriggle room next year. There will be signings and areas in our roster that don’t work out. So you need both cap space and roster space. I say unless we are offered a real gun, I would be putting the cheque book away and filling the last two positions with a player from within on a one year contract on basic money

• @:

@:

@:

@:

Don, did you change the poster names?

• @:

@:

@:

@:

Don, did you change the poster names?

No. Weil not intentionally. Unless somehow I cracked into the Matrix, I’m pretty computer illiterate. Maybe somehow I’ve gone into the system and those guys with sunnies and trench coats will be after me.

• FG, maybe reply “sensible” to posters comments and see what happens.

Recent Topics