Did we miss out on Des

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/des-hasler-deal-not-the-only-canterbury-bulldogs-contract-set-for-court-20170923-gyni1d.html

“At least one club has expressed disappointment that they didn’t get the chance to have a crack at Hasler before making their most recent coaching appointment.”

That sounds a little like us.

Don’t get me wrong. Ivan has surpassed expectations. Before Ivan’s signing I would have picked Des hands down 100%. Post Ivan’s signing…. 49-51, would just keep Ivan because he has done a good job. At the moment we have to keep Ivan and just build our team back up. Make us normal again, lock him in 100% unless we come below 15th next year.

Both Des and McGuire would be tempting targets. I think McGuire is a little less burnt.

@:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/des-hasler-deal-not-the-only-canterbury-bulldogs-contract-set-for-court-20170923-gyni1d.html

“At least one club has expressed disappointment that they didn’t get the chance to have a crack at Hasler before making their most recent coaching appointment.”

That sounds a little like us.

Don’t get me wrong. Ivan has surpassed expectations. Before Ivan’s signing I would have picked Des hands down 100%. Post Ivan’s signing…. 49-51, would just keep Ivan because he has done a good job. At the moment we have to keep Ivan and just build our team back up. Make us normal again, lock him in 100% unless we come below 15th next year.

Both Des and McGuire would be tempting targets. I think McGuire is a little less burnt.

Maybe souffs?

No way it’s us! I think we’ll be better off with Cleary, in any case.

Cleary is the man to lead us to the promised land …
Des is a nut job , he had the dogs playing Desball for way too long and had to go .
Maguire would be more suited to training the French foreign legion as he just flogs his team to death .

I am really happy with Cleary as coach and I bet the club feels the same way.

Cleary doesn’t have the winning % Des does, but has shown a greater ability to build a long terms roster, whereas Des builds a great house of cards on the salary cap, which is scheduled to come crashing down about the same time his contract is up.
Maguire was a case of right place, right time. He has shown limited man management skills or any sign that he can change a gameplan to suit a roster or skillset.

Souths or dragons my guesses not us.
Very happy with Ivan as our coach.

Nah not us

Pascoe had Cleary in the bag from last year i reckon

Cleary will do me.

Des is passed his use by date I think.

South Sydney for sure I reckon

Willie Mason had a funny anecdote about Des… Willie caught up with Des about possibly signing with the Dogs after his stint with Manly, and when they met, Des Hasler pulled out a big book of stats, and when on to explain how the stats showed that Aiden Tolman was the best prop in the game.

Aiden Tolman the best prop… lol

@:

Nah not us

Pascoe had Cleary in the bag from last year i reckon

100% correct.
And both told to go by Gould.
No wonder Gus’s hair is going grey again, my tea leaves have been telling me for ages this ain’t gunna end well for Mr Gould.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.