Did we miss out on Des

Im pretty disappointed we got Cleary instead of Dessy. Im going to miss being one of the worst teams in the comp. Im going to miss the doom and gloom posters reminding me every day how much of a basket case we are. Im going to miss the “we’re constantly improving” line from our coaches after every loss and Im going to miss starting from the bottom of the ladder to check how we’re going. Dessy would have had all those boxes ticked for me.

Cleary’s tenure here will take some getting use to. I hope the transition from being at the bottom of the table to the top will be a smooth one for me.

@:

Warriors should get des in tbh. Definitely an upgrade on Kearney imo

And plenty of big boppers around.

not sure, depends on how he feels about same sex marriage.

@:

@:

Willie Mason had a funny anecdote about Des… Willie caught up with Des about possibly signing with the Dogs after his stint with Manly, and when they met, Des Hasler pulled out a big book of stats, and when on to explain how the stats showed that Aiden Tolman was the best prop in the game.

Aiden Tolman the best prop… lol

Yeah but what Willie Mason thinks about many things is worth a lol in itself.

I have read how Willie come from an impoverished family but helped them out with houses. Years ago he took up the players’ cause for more share out of SOO. So I always have a soft spot for him.

Clearly isn’t us given Ivan was appointed so early in the season.

No. Because if we really wanted him, I reckon we could have lured him across. I doubt the Dogs would have stood in his way, as it’s been evident the relationship between both parties had become untenable. I’m glad we didn’t make a play for him. Des needs to go lay on a beach with a nice cold one until he regains his sanity.

Des has had one too many head knocks and they’re starting to catch up with him

@:

@:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/des-hasler-deal-not-the-only-canterbury-bulldogs-contract-set-for-court-20170923-gyni1d.html

“At least one club has expressed disappointment that they didn’t get the chance to have a crack at Hasler before making their most recent coaching appointment.”

That sounds a little like us.

Don’t get me wrong. Ivan has surpassed expectations. Before Ivan’s signing I would have picked Des hands down 100%. Post Ivan’s signing…. 49-51, would just keep Ivan because he has done a good job. At the moment we have to keep Ivan and just build our team back up. Make us normal again, lock him in 100% unless we come below 15th next year.

Both Des and McGuire would be tempting targets. I think McGuire is a little less burnt.

Maybe souffs?

I;m thinking souffs too - they jumped in very early with a replacement for Maguire

In regards to Hasler I am glad we didn’t have the circus that is Des come to WT. The scrutiny and expectation would be full-on and our club just needs to quietly achieve, improve and build in the next year or 2 without the hype and fanfare that would surround Hasler.
Ivan has done a good job so far in charge here, him and Pascoe give the appearance of having a solid working relationship so ATM things are heading along the right path and in an unobtrusive, understated manner which will benefit us much more than a Hasler/Dib-like arm wrestle for power that blows up into a headline-inducing schemozzle.

He should get a haircut and a real job.

@:

He should get a haircut and a real job.

What are you talking about? The hair is one arm of the triumvirate that makes up Des Hasler:

Statistics +
Parsimony (with his own money) +
Golden mane
= Des Hasler

@:

@:

@:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/des-hasler-deal-not-the-only-canterbury-bulldogs-contract-set-for-court-20170923-gyni1d.html

“At least one club has expressed disappointment that they didn’t get the chance to have a crack at Hasler before making their most recent coaching appointment.”

Don’t get me wrong. Ivan has surpassed expectations. Before Ivan’s signing I would have picked Des hands down 100%. Post Ivan’s signing…. 49-51, would just keep Ivan because he has done a good job. At the moment we have to keep Ivan and just build our team back up. Make us normal again, lock him in 100% unless we come below 15th next year.

Both Des and McGuire would be tempting targets. I think McGuire is a little less burnt.

Maybe souffs?

I;m thinking souffs too - they jumped in very early with a replacement for Maguire

That makes sense. ANTHONY SEIBOLD isn’t showing that he is going to be anything different to McGuire.
Souths look tired and you have had a lot of changes and roster trouble.

@:

Not us.

We never had an interest in Des and to be honest, few clubs do.

He’s lost his feel for the game, become far too analytical. Look at the robotic, overly structured rubbish he had the Dogs playing this year.

He’d do well at the Warriors. God knows they need some structure.

He still has a lot of support at Manly and if Trent has a bad season next year he could be back sooner than most people think.

Would prefer Ivan way more than Dessie. Just think he’s a far better cultural fit for us.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.