Wests Tigers confirm 2018 home game allocation

@:

Does anyone know how long until our deal with ANZ ends? I’m all for games out of Sydney but I was hojng they’d be at the expense of ANZ….not Leichhardt and Campbelltown

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/home-truths-why-playing-at-big-venues-pays-off-for-sydney-clubs-20140426-zr05p.html

Ten year deal started in 2014.
I’m gonna be greedy and hope we game in Perth this year.

It is rumoured that the Bathurst Regional Council paid Panthers $1million to play 5 games at Bathurst, and they recently signed an extension for another 5 years.
The exact figures are confidential but those are the figures the council reportedly paid.
This was negotiated by Pascoe, Gus and the Council.

@:

@:

Does anyone know how long until our deal with ANZ ends? I’m all for games out of Sydney but I was hojng they’d be at the expense of ANZ….not Leichhardt and Campbelltown

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/home-truths-why-playing-at-big-venues-pays-off-for-sydney-clubs-20140426-zr05p.html

Perth get Souths games I don’t think they will interfere with their territory.
Same as Panthers and Bathurst.

@:

I don’t like it, i wish we would just settle on one ground and not 3 and now onto 5, this is surely a money incentive from the NRL (sorry for my scepticism and cynicism).

Yeah, Pascoe was going to get us playing out of one home ground when he turned up. That, and fix the taylor-farah feud, which he let fester for 12 months.
He’s not big on delivering promises.
http://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/news/wests-tigers-to-commit-to-only-one-home-ground/1rm4kjs1roqg8113yhf3lslxds

@:

@:

@:

You could be right. Its just the talk about doing it in conjunction with the NRL has me thinking. The NRL have taken tests here, world cuo this year, SOO in a couple of years and the double header next year. What other area would the NRL be interested in?

There seems to have been a rethink and I am happy if we take two games out to country areas.

So long the team has a dig and we are over the diva syndrome, I will be a happy WTs supporter.

I wish for once he’d cut the crap and just say it as it is…we arent mugs Justin

@:

@:

@:

@:

You could be right. Its just the talk about doing it in conjunction with the NRL has me thinking. The NRL have taken tests here, world cuo this year, SOO in a couple of years and the double header next year. What other area would the NRL be interested in?

Dubbo, Tamworth, Mudgee, Wagga Wagga any of those major regional cities, plus their is Queensland to think about too.

“The two home games that will be played outside of Sydney are aimed at growing both the club’s and game’s supporter base through some initiatives.”

This rationale sounds flimsier than an Ikea coffee table.

As a business plan, it would probably fail a high school business studies class.

The odd game in Darwin or Adelaide will do bugger all for the sport or club beyond the match itself. A month on, the average local probably won’t even remember what teams played.

As a member, I expect the club to provide something more meaningful and respectful to supporters than this.

I like it. Hopefully we head to a country area we can invest in over time, could be a great connection.

Southern Highlands? Could have a group 6 match as a curtain raiser.

As a member who goes to all Sydney venues, I’m okay with taking one game to a regional area. Plenty of teams do that. But not 2. We are a team that has not played finals in 6 years. We cant afford to have 5 home grounds. Are we the only club working with the NRL to take two games away from home?

What happens with the memberships now. Is it only a 7 game membership with ANZ/Ctown-LO? Or will they be generous and include one of the out of Sydney games in the membership package.

I don’t mind just having 3 games at Leichhardt… keeps it as an “event” to go to… plus Tigers need something like 17,000 to break even there whereas they make money off 5,000 at ANZ… but filling a ground at Wagga or Dubbo is a better look for the game than empty chairs at a Sydney stadium.

@:

@:

@:

@:

Dubbo, Tamworth, Mudgee, Wagga Wagga any of those major regional cities, plus their is Queensland to think about too.

Souffs seem to have dumped Coffs Harbour - its an option

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.