Weird

• Does anyone else find it weird that the tigers are tweeting congratulations to players that will soon be with another club? I know they are still contracted but is it not bitter sweet. The less said the better, I’m can’t understand how the club could see any benefit in it. It annoys me and may hint that the front office is still barely functioning effectively.

• Yeah. It peeved me even when they were doing it during the season. I guess they were obliged, but still left a sour taste in my mouth.

• I have noticed a lot of clubs doing the same, congratulating both people leaving and joining the club.

• I completely disagree. I think it shows a level of reality and decency. Ok, they’ve decided to take their talents elsewhere and who knows when their obligations to WT end? But, they’ve reached honours while a part of our club. I think that says a lot about THIS club as opposed to where they’re going.

I also noticed a tweet from WT congratulating Melbourne Storm on their GF win. I thought that showed a lot of class. Makes me MORE of a supporter, not less!

• ForumSupporter

No not at all…shows we have grown…

• It shows confidence , in a back handed kinda way

• @:

I completely disagree. I think it shows a level of reality and decency. Ok, they’ve decided to take their talents elsewhere and who knows when their obligations to WT end? But, they’ve reached honours while a part of our club. I think that says a lot about THIS club as opposed to where they’re going.

I also noticed a tweet from WT congratulating Melbourne Storm on their GF win. I thought that showed a lot of class. Makes me MORE of a supporter, not less!

I thought I read somewhere that Woods commitment finish in November, so he is still a part of the WT.
    So why not congratulate a member of your club for representing our country.

• @:

I completely disagree. I think it shows a level of reality and decency. Ok, they’ve decided to take their talents elsewhere and who knows when their obligations to WT end? But, they’ve reached honours while a part of our club. I think that says a lot about THIS club as opposed to where they’re going.

Yeh I was initially " who cares" when I first saw the tweet… But this discussion has me agreeing with you.
    They’re local juniors as well… It’s good for their clubs

• It’s a professional obligation from a professional organisation. I’m seriously glad we’re not being run like a bunch of bitter children. All professional organisations and clubs need to do this sort of stuff so, if we want to be taken seriously and represent the club as such, these statements and media releases need to be posted. They’re contracted to the club until the end of October(?) so, congratulations are almost mandatory on a professional level.

• I find it strange that we are appearing professional

• @:

I find it strange that we are appearing professional

:roll

• Wonder if they would have congratulated Mitch Moses if Parra had won the comp

• @:

Wonder if they would have congratulated Mitch Moses if Parra had won the comp

Comparing apples and oranges…

The guys they are congratulating are still contracted to the club. Moses isn’t.

• I think it’s unprofessional. Those guys have left and we still have the club supporting them.

• @:

I think it’s unprofessional. Those guys have left and we still have the club supporting them.

They haven’t left…NRL Contracts finish Nov 1

Recent Topics