ANZ Stadium

• I heard that at the end of the 2018 season, ANZ Stadium will be getting upgrades.

If we still have a contract with ANZ, then while the upgrades are happening, where do we play?

Would we play 6 Leichhardt, 6 Campbelltown or would we play next door at Spotless?

• Hope not, you’re a million miles away from the action. It’s not a custom made League or Soccer ground

• Spotless? Nope. Lucky they’ve got the biggest tv screens in the world - you need them.

• ForumSupporter

I think Pascoe’s plan by then will be to take 12 home games away…to expand the brand…

• Parra should be finished by then… Maybe

• Yeah. Parra due to open for 2019 season.

• You’d imagine we’d take games to Parra for the 3 years

• ANZ said that during the Stadium upgrade it will still be used, as they are upgrading one side at a time.

• Sadly the sports minister is being lobbied by the powerful SCG trust to prioritize an upgrade (or demolition and rebuild) of Allianz before any upgrade to ANZ. That’ll be a criminal decision if so, but the longer we wait for an announcement, the more likely it becomes that the ANZ upgrade gets delayed.

• @:

Sadly the sports minister is being lobbied by the powerful SCG trust to prioritize an upgrade (or demolition and rebuild) of Allianz before any upgrade to ANZ. That’ll be a criminal decision if so, but the longer we wait for an announcement, the more likely it becomes that the ANZ upgrade gets delayed.

On the bright side if they do Allianz first - then that means Sydney FC moves to Leichhardt and that will cause an upgrade to Leichhardt Oval. That is needed more than ANZ imo. Lol

• I think in the end they’re both going to happen more or less at the same time. Allianz will ‘apparently’ have it’s license for being a public venue rejected in 2019 due to the safety issues, so that kind of necessitates an expedited rebuild. ANZ needs to get rebuilt or else the state government could lose hundreds of millions of dollars from broken commercial agreements. Don’t see how either of these won’t happen in the near future.

The SCG, Parra, maybe Spotless and other suburban grounds to be used in the meantime.

• I’d love to see us take some games to the new Parra stadium. I wonder what a modern purpose-built stadium would be like to watch games from.

• @:

I’d love to see us take some games to the new Parra stadium. I wonder what a modern purpose-built stadium would be like to watch games from.

If you have to travel an hour and a half each way to get there under the new train timetable, probably not as good as the couch with Foxtel

• @:

@:

Sadly the sports minister is being lobbied by the powerful SCG trust to prioritize an upgrade (or demolition and rebuild) of Allianz before any upgrade to ANZ. That’ll be a criminal decision if so, but the longer we wait for an announcement, the more likely it becomes that the ANZ upgrade gets delayed.

On the bright side if they do Allianz first - then that means Sydney FC moves to Leichhardt and that will cause an upgrade to Leichhardt Oval. That is needed more than ANZ imo. Lol

Leichhardt is perfect doesn’t need an upgrade.
    Having said that if a few mill did become available, what would you do?
    P.s. You can’t touch the hill or scoreboard.

• @:

@:

@:

Leichhardt is perfect doesn’t need an upgrade.
    Having said that if a few mill did become available, what would you do?
    P.s. You can’t touch the hill or scoreboard.

Upgrading Leichhardt would be like putting a band aid on a bullet wound. The only upgrade that would ever make a lick of difference is if you demolished the place and rebuilt it.

Recent Topics