WestsTigers 2018 Engine Room- Front Rowers

You can never have too many props your squad. However do you think we have got the Front Row and Front Row rotation covered for 2018?
Considering there are still two spots to fill in the Top30

Six Genuine front Rowers

• Ben Matulino
  • Russell Packer
  • Alex Twal
  • Tm Grant
  • JJ Felise
  • Jesse Sue

Plus Three more capable of playing front row but may play backrow

• Matt Eisenhuth
  • Josh Aloiai
  • Robbie Rochow

There’s only one spot to fill

@:

Cooper Cronk

Was Robbie Rochow number 29?

Thought there were two spots for Thurston and Cordner.

how about England prop Alex Walmsley,
from NBWT…“27 year old is 196cm, 115kg and has 1 year left on his current deal at St Helens. Walmsley will debut for England this evening”.
To the engine room? Or hold for a better player to fill our last spot?

@:

Milky’s Top 30 list currently has 28 players on it.

@:

One spot?

But yes, we’re fine for props.

Two spots left - one for a Prop or second rower and the other for a big fast winger.

For what I understand, 29 is just about sorted, being a fringe utility on a low value contract. No one to write home about. Still leaves a lot of cap space for number 30

I thought that the young fullback from Cronulla had been added to the full time squad

@:

You can never have too many props your squad. However do you think we have got the Front Row and Front Row rotation covered for 2018?

Six Genuine front Rowers

• Ben Matulino
  • Russell Packer
  • Alex Twal
  • Tm Grant
  • JJ Felise
  • Jesse Sue

• Matt Eisenhuth
  • Josh Aloiai
  • Robbie Rochow

Where does Tatola fit in? Sure he had a long term contract

@:

@:

Six Genuine front Rowers

• Ben Matulino
  • Russell Packer
  • Alex Twal
  • Tm Grant
  • JJ Felise
  • Jesse Sue

• Matt Eisenhuth
  • Josh Aloiai
  • Robbie Rochow

Where does Tatola fit in? Sure he had a long term contract

I don’t think Tatola is in the Top30.
I was more going off Milky’s Top30 list, to breakdown the the Front Row. It’s one area you can’t be left short in, when building a squad. and with only one or two position left, it’s good to know how where we stand in this important department . So often it’s an excuse if the backs aren’t performing .
Some people in other threads have been saying we are a prop short.

I agree we are good for props which is the key to winning games. We really need a quality 2nd rower who can break a game open with power and ball skills

@:

I agree we are good for props which is the key to winning games. We really need a quality 2nd rower who can break a game open with power and ball skills

I’m somewhat confident that Aloiai will be able to develop further and provide more grunt and other things you are looking for on the edge, though not expecting too much in the way of ball skills. The coaching staff decision to swap the roles of he and Suaso last off season proved to be the poor one many of us expected, with injury also hampering his abilities to show his true wares until the final rounds.

Reckon we are going to kick of next season with a vastly improved middle on that of this year and can’t wait to see the starters playing a high tempo power game through the guts with the ball in hand.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.