Oils

• Only one midnight oil
    Awesome band, awesome night in domain
    John butler to boot. Doesn’t get much better than this

• ForumSupporter

You wouldn’t read about it…

• …aint oils.

• Banned

Rob Hirst has a shack two doors away from me. He has a chat when here and about. I have their Bed are Burning vinyl album unopened.

• @:

Rob Hirst has a shack two doors away from me. He has a chat when here and about. I have their Bed are Burning vinyl album unopened.

What is the use of that. Get it out and crank it up.

• Banned

@:

@:

What is the use of that. Get it out and crank it up.

The only album never opened. I will get Rob to autograph one day. I bought for political content of the songs plus I think it was going to be their last on vinyl.

• I sleep ok…. times change… we move on

• Oils lost all credibility when Garret put on a tie, no thanks

• @:

Oils lost all credibility when Garret put on a tie, no thanks

Even so …they are still a brilliant rock band and the best band you’ll ever see live .

• Banned

@:

I campaigned for him at his first attempt about 1984 for the Nuclear Disarmament Party, he only lost by a hair’s breadth. I painted Sydney red so to speak but won’t disclose exactly how.

• @:

@:

Even so …they are still a brilliant rock band and the best band you’ll ever see live .

Can’t quite go with best as there was some bloody good competition around, Chisel being a rung above for mine before the split, but the Oils really pump and get plenty of airplay at my place. Got a good amp and quality Jamo speakers so still plenty of volume left by the time the neighbors get an ear full. The missus just shakes her head.

• The music is great, but I can no longer cop Garret banging on about the environment after he sold out horribly as a government minister. He gave up his principles at that point and can no longer try to pass himself off as morally superior while lecturing others.

• @:

@:

@:

Can’t quite go with best as there was some bloody good competition around, Chisel being a rung above for mine before the split, but the Oils really pump and get plenty of airplay at my place. Got a good amp and quality Jamo speakers so still plenty of volume left by the time the neighbors get an ear full. The missus just shakes her head.

For me, Chisel where better than anybody else in the world from 79 to 83 or so. Their recent albums have been good also, but Jimmy can’t sing the old songs the way he used to.

• @:

x2

• @:

@:

x2

X3
    Lost it for me when he become a polly

Recent Topics