Langlands??????

If convicted should be stripped of his immortal trophy/status and any other accolades that came his way via the game….

@:

If convicted should be stripped of his immortal trophy/status and any other accolades that came his way via the game….

I am not sure it will even go to trial. The guy has advanced dementia. 😦

Bad news comes from every angle in rugby league.

His illness will prevent him from defending this accusation, which is very unfair if it is false.
If true however, he deserves the stain on his character thats coming his way.
The alleged victim has her own reasons for bringing this up now.

@:

Bad news comes from every angle in rugby league.

Not just rugby league! As society continues to expose wrongs of the past there will be more and more respected people shown to be not so respectful

LET me say 1st up if he has done anything to a minor he deserves the full wait of the law. but whats gets me is the length of time these allegations are now coming in at. is would more than likely be over 30 years ago.i hope all the ones who want to throw stones can recall there last 30 to 40 years and have clean slates.

@:

LET me say 1st up if he has done anything to a minor he deserves the full wait of the law. but whats gets me is the length of time these allegations are now coming in at. is would more than likely be over 30 years ago.i hope all the ones who want to throw stones can recall there last 30 to 40 years and have clean slates.

I think it’s quite common for victims to deal with these sort of things for decades before reporting them.

Was it Langlands that was questioning Joey Johns joining the immortals?

Coming forward to make allegations against a league immortal must be intimidating.

Does anyone recall Langlands and Raper disagreeing with making Johns an immortal and made representations to stop this happening based on rumours that were circulating about Johns’ off field behaviour?

@:

Coming forward to make allegations against a league immortal must be intimidating.

Does anyone recall Langlands and Raper disagreeing with making Johns an immortal and made representations to stop this happening based on rumours that were circulating about Johns’ off field behaviour?

I’m not surprised. The Dragons forum on LU is going into meltdown over it. More concerned about the fact that the allegation is made now that he’s suffering dementia than the nature of the allegation itself.

How long was he based in the Phillipines?

@:

How long was he based in the Phillipines?

From memory quite a while, and on 2 separate occasions, tied in with his bankruptcy, men of league bailed him out.

So sad for the victim.

If true, he should be stripped of the title.

@:

So sad for the victim.

If true, he should be stripped of the title.

and what if he is innocent, shame who ever done this waited to the man cant defend himself, i also thought we were innocent in this country until proven guilty, or has gone out the window. not defending the bloke but if his rights are taken away then mine and then yours can also be taken away.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.