What Car do you Drive..?

• Gave up the SS Ute a couple of weeks before the young fella was due, buying a Hyundai SUV as a family car (ridiculously cheaper with leather seats sunroof etc than the competition at the time) and a Hilux around the same time in 2010.

Of late, the missus is forever in my ear about getting a more sporty car for her to drive, but I keep resisting as it has only done 50,000km odd and not missed a beat despite sporadic servicing and copping an occasional beating from impatient me.

• Work: Mazda 6
    Home: A250
    Dream: AMG C63

• Work, 2014 Forrester. Change over next year

Wife , 2011 Ford Fiesta Z Tec , had this 6 years , great small car , wife drives it to work , shopping , kids run round , 1 tank fuel per month

Mine 1998 Clubsport Commodore , had this since 2000 , been great car ,only 170 ,000 km runs great , key to it serviced every 7 000 km , replaced Altinator and radiator only

Dream Car , new Mustang

• 2004 Holden Monaro (black) with a few enhancements…

• @:

@:

I reckon if it gets you from A to B in one piece …who cares what the bloody things called…

You mean an environmental disaster of a rust bucket TT, something the EPA take photos of and send round the world

No hap,I don’t believe in driving cars that aren’t roadworthy or smoke billowing rust buckets,I was refering to company names such as Mercedes,Lambourginis etc,if its cheap and works well such as the lower end priced cars that are affordable,then it doesn’t matter as long as it does the job its made to do…I have never been one to buy a car that is highly priced just because it is prestigious to drive…

• @:

@:

@:

I reckon if it gets you from A to B in one piece …who cares what the bloody things called…

You mean an environmental disaster of a rust bucket TT, something the EPA take photos of and send round the world

No hap,I don’t believe in driving cars that aren’t roadworthy or smoke billowing rust buckets,I was refering to company names such as Mercedes,Lambourginis etc,if its cheap and works well such as the lower end priced cars that are affordable,then it doesn’t matter as long as it does the job its made to do…I have never been one to buy a car that is highly priced just because it is prestigious to drive…

Yeah was taking the piss mate

Yeah all of us are after the best value for money we can or are prepared to spend

I’m quite happy with any model or brand as long as it seems a quality piece of workmanship

• Pajero 4WD manual diesel. Always need a vehicle that tows well and doesn’t mind being off the bitumen. Has been very lean on fuel and a pretty good car.

• @:

@:

2000 Mazda 626 - wife has three ruptured discs and cannot drive anything else as the seats slope to much for her back. If she isn’t driving she has to sit in the back.

I don’t know if this helps Russ , but one of the reasons the Mrs liked the IX 35 was because it was more upright for her back after her back surgery

Any help is appreciated HT. We had a look at a few new cars a couple of years ago - all to no avail.

My dream car though would be a Morgan +4 (British racing green of course).

• Sold my Proton Jumbuck recently and upgraded to a Toyota Hilux (quite the upgrade)

• @:

@:

@:

2012 Falcon XR6. Was the only non SUV that you could put 3 car seats in the back of.
    Next one will be a 7 seater. Thinking of Outlander, but open to suggestions

Depends on your budget Harvey

The 2wd 7 seater Outlander is under $30 k atm

That would be the top end of the scale. I never buy new cars. Demos and new used cars save you a fortune

Not sure with the current model, but 3 or 4 years ago we were looking at the Outlander 7 seater, and dropped it quickly after seeing the third row seat. Back then it was this fold up contraption that did not look sturdy or comfortable. Not sure what they are like now. We ended up with a Kluger… Very happy with it and have replaced it with another Kluger since.

• Drove a 1999 Ford Fairlane for 15 years, the bloody thing would not die, so i got rid of it last year and bought my dream car - XF Jaguar

• Mazda CX5 and Mercedes C300 Cabrio

• Daily driver…Holden Adventra LX8.
    Weekend cars…Porsche 911 GT3 and Porsche 944S2.

• Colorado Z71 for towing, Clubsport R8

Dream car jag E type,

• Work Car - Audi A4 2.0T - It’s a bit wanky to be honest, but a neccessary evil in my line of work - I was always extremely happy getting around town in my Astra

Home Car - Toyota Kluger KX-S 7 seater perfect for the five of us (Mrs Underdog, and the three pups) and plenty of space for road trips, etc - just a big, comfy safe couch on wheels.

Recent Topics