BENJI IMPRESSES TIGERS

• Tigers officials have been stunned by the approach of former glamour boy Benji Marshall at pre-season training.

Benji may be turning 33 next month but he is running around like an 18-year-old in the blistering Sydney summer heat.

Back at Concord after a four year absence, Marshall has a point to prove in 2018 to the critics who say he is past it - and is using that as motivation. His attitude is also having a huge effect on the youngsters within the Tigers squad.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/01/16/08/06/nrl-news-the-mole-souths-target-nz-superstar

Good signs eh?

• Give Benji the #6 jumper and put the grub at #9

• More pressure for Luke

• @:

More pressure for Luke

My thoughts exactly, he needs to stand up now, his free ride is over

• @:

Give Benji the #6 jumper and put the grub at #9

Let’s stick with the plan for the moment. We can make changes as needed when the season starts.

• @:

@:

Let’s stick with the plan for the moment. We can make changes as needed when the season starts.

Agreed, but Brooks has till round 6. Then we give the Number 7 to Marshall (or maybe Reynolds if he really wants it and remembers to pass!).

• lol did Benji write this article?

• lol did Benji write this article?

• So he should be. He knows he’s behind Reynolds and Brooks in the pecking order.

• @:

@:

@:

Agreed, but Brooks has till round 6. Then we give the Number 7 to Marshall (or maybe Reynolds if he really wants it and remembers to pass!).

Hope you have contacted Cleary and told him Brooks has only til round 6.

Obviously he should take notice of his head coach.

• @:

@:

Lets hope Cleary has a Plan?!

• @:

@:

@:

@:

Hope you have contacted Cleary and told him Brooks has only til round 6.

Obviously he should take notice of his head coach.

Hahaha. True. Head Couch Coach!

I’m just setting my expectation. Tui, Reynolds and others have longer, because they are newer to our format. But Brooks has had too many chances to shape up.
    I will not say anything negative against him till after Round 6. If he does not perform for us by then I will back Marshall for the role.

• I thought we all were agreed first time round that Benji was a 6 , not a 7

• @:

I thought we all were agreed first time round that Benji was a 6 , not a 7

He was a 6 then but he’s probably a 7 now. His best season in the relatively recent past was in 2015 as halfback for the Dragons when he finished 2nd in the Dally M count.

• @:

@:

I thought we all were agreed first time round that Benji was a 6 , not a 7

He was a 6 then but he’s probably a 7 now. His best season in the relatively recent past was in 2015 as halfback for the Dragons when he finished 2nd in the Dally M count.

Yes but he had quality 6’s outside him in Widdop and Milford who have good running games and can be creative

Don’t think Josh fits the mould of Widdop or Milford , that’s the problem

Not saying Josh isn’t a good player , just a different player that’s all

If you want a better combination of the two combinations Brooks and Marshall would be better than Marshall and Reynolds

Recent Topics