Phil gould the apologist

Phil Gould just makes me sick. He continues to ignore the basic fact that the Storm CHEATED.

@prattenpark:

Phil Gould just makes me sick. He continues to ignore the basic fact that the Storm CHEATED.

He isn’t ignoring that at all.

He never addresses the simple fact that without the cap there would be a maximum of 5 or 6 teams that could compete and the rest would fall over.

He was a massive critic on the waste of time it was having a team in Melbourne but all of a sudden we must preserve it.

Fact remains that he is still festering over Super League and will never let it go

Lets not forget that Channel 9 is also a Platinum level sponsor of the Storm.

Conflict of interest much?

@smeghead:

Lets not forget that Channel 9 is also a Platinum level sponsor of the Storm.

Conflict of interest much?

were they hiring the now infamous marquee for pre-match functions. lol

Agree with you about the cap. clubs couldnt’ help themselves and pay overs and soon fall over. who wants a competition with the same 3 or 4 clubs winning - be like the english premier league in soccer.

these so called experts are all giving me the sh#@s this morning, except for Geyer, maybe. all the surveys in papers seem to say the fans (us that actually go each week and spend our money) are either happy with the penalties or believe the penalty too lenient.

I think 9 are deliberately undermining the NRL this year in a hope that it reduces the amount that will be bid for the next lot of TV rights. Their relentless attack on the league over this issue and the fact they have chosen to broadcast the Cronulla v Penrith instead of Wests v Souths in round 10 - WTF!!!

The real amusement in all of this.

Channel 9 talking about poor Melbourne, what about the growth of the game in Melbourne?

The Footy Show is not even aired in Melbourne

@smeghead:

He never addresses the simple fact that without the cap there would be a maximum of 5 or 6 teams that could compete and the rest would fall over.

He was a massive critic on the waste of time it was having a team in Melbourne but all of a sudden we must preserve it.

Fact remains that he is still festering over Super League and will never let it go

Come on Smeg, Phil just wants to see Slater, Thurston, Inglis, Folau, Farah and the rest to stay in the NRL… at the Roosters!!

Five or six is probably being generous. After Brisbane and the Roosters the standard would drop off pretty quick. The NRL would start looking like the SPL.

I said 5 or 6 being optimistic an allowing that News Ltd has stakes in 3 clubs than you have the Dragons, The Goosters and The Titans

@smeghead:

I said 5 or 6 being optimistic an allowing that News Ltd has stakes in 3 clubs than you have the Dragons, The Goosters and The Titans

I’m not sure the Dragons have that sort of cash anymore and I doubt the Titans could keep up that sort of spending long term. Most teams would need a sugar daddy - maybe Souths would do well if Rusty made a film each year just to fund the Bunnies.

Do News still have investments in 3 teams? I thought they pulled out of the Cows?

Oh I wasn’t sure if they had pulled out completely.

A tentaive list

Brisbane
Melbourne
Eastern Suburbs
Manly (Delmege I assume)
Souths (If Rusty ponies up)

Newcastle & Cronulla would not see out a season IMO

@prattenpark:

Spot On….just when I think there is something wrong in the Rugby League universe cause I have been agreeing with Gus way too much lately…he comes out and says the Storm should play for points season somehow… 😒

Gus…they CHEATED…stuff them…sucked in…

Oh I’d be having a close look at ALL clubs…I’m confident Wests Tigers aren’t purposely Rorting the Cap…

Gus is way off on this one, he seems to be blaming everyone but the source itself.

His agenda with the cap is blinding him to the bigger truth about our competition. As pointed out by many on here and elsewhere without the cap there are 6 teams that will be able to compete for the premiership…, that’s what is unacceptable not the Storm getting no point this year.

He’s lost the plot. I usually agree with him, not this time.

phil is being idiotic on this, from what ive been told he seems to have a hidden agenda and not for the reasons posted about the cap but for another club thats about to come under investigation and hes using the storm as his test case for this other team.

Ill also add too that the nrl are are looking into a deal with nathan cayless and his “second job” at a real estate agent where he works one day a week but earns 100k from them

@ron burgandy:

phil is being idiotic on this, from what ive been told he seems to have a hidden agenda and not for the reasons posted about the cap but for another club thats about to come under investigation and hes using the storm as his test case for this other team.

well, real estate isn’t cheap in Clovelly

Dont get the footy show here in Adelaide but they just had some of it on foxsports news and Gus acted like a real pork chop,Gallop looked like he was really pissed off with gus having a go at him.His point of your punishing the inicent ones like the players, sponsers and supporters doesnt make much sence after all the club cheated.And i think some of the players and sponsers could have known what was going on to an extent with these 3rd party agreements.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme