Fitness

• Gotta say, Been checking out the training pics the club has been posting the last few weeks, and the boys are looking super fit. Every year we get the usual “The boys are training the house down” Spiel. But this is the first time for me that the team are looking sharp athletically and it has stood out.
    Gotta felling Ivan has set the bar high and we finally got the coach & trainers to implement the results.
    Every year the heart rules the head and I feel optimistic, but this year I really think we can be anything.
    I think 2018 might take away the pain 😃

• the more fitter we are, the better the defence will be. I honestly only care about being competitive every game. Last 2-3 years we were pencilled in as a win by some clubs.

• Time will tell but I do agree with you on this. I got the impression that Ivan wasn’t impressed with the fitness of some of the guys when he took over last season and he’s clearly gone into pre-season with some top trainers and a pretty good plan. I do recall Josh Reynolds saying the pre-season with the Tigers differed from the Bulldogs with less long distance running and more shorter intense sessions, simulating match fitness. Hopefully it pays dividends and he hit the season full of energy.

• @:

Time will tell but I do agree with you on this. I got the impression that Ivan wasn’t impressed with the fitness of some of the guys when he took over last season and he’s clearly gone into pre-season with some top trainers and a pretty good plan. I do recall Josh Reynolds saying the pre-season with the Tigers differed from the Bulldogs with less long distance running and more shorter intense sessions, simulating match fitness. Hopefully it pays dividends and he hit the season full of energy.

Fingers crossed Willow.
    Also we got our lucky charm back “Brett Hodgson” He’s gotta be worth a try a game!

• Let’s hope we hit the ground running. With the difficult early draw a 0-5 result will undo all the good preseason work. I’m hoping the preseason focus and intensity leads to us shocking a couple of the more fancied teams - playing the Tigers is no longer a stroll in the park!

• ForumSupporter

When Cleary and Palmer were last together the Pamfers had the worst injury toll…they did get within a game of the GF tho…

• @:

When Cleary and Palmer were last together the Pamfers had the worst injury toll…they did get within a game of the GF tho…

Would it be fair to say the depth they had at Windsor helped them through?

• ForumSupporter

@:

@:

Nigel Plum…

not really a mixture of youth and experienced NRL players

Link to the team that played that Prelim… http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/nrl-2014/prelim-final/penrith-vs-canterbury/summary.html

• @:

@:

@:

Nigel Plum…

Link to the team that played that Prelim… http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/nrl-2014/prelim-final/penrith-vs-canterbury/summary.html

Interesting Bench [The result might be in that]

• @:

@:

@:

@:

Nigel Plum…

Nah, it was the man of the match performance from Corey Thompson. Watch what he does this year.

• @:

@:

@:

@:

Nigel Plum…

Nah, it was the man of the match performance from Corey Thompson. Watch what he does this year.

He is from my first junior club… Watch your wallet first and foremost!

• Last year Taylor said they were actively having a lighter pre season. I never understood why. We looked completely unfit for the first 2 months of the comp.

• @:

@:

@:

Nigel Plum…

One name springs to mind in that Bulldogs side that singlehandedly got them through.

Mitch Brown. :mrgreen:

• @:

This was always my concern about Cleary … the Panthers for a couple of seasons had a terrible injury toll …maybe lessons have been learnt time will tell…but fitness over the last few seasons has been a problem hence not being able to compete for the whole 80mins hopefully this is being rectified.

• @:

Gotta say, Been checking out the training pics the club has been posting the last few weeks, and the boys are looking super fit. Every year we get the usual “The boys are training the house down” Spiel. But this is the first time for me that the team are looking sharp athletically and it has stood out.
    Gotta felling Ivan has set the bar high and we finally got the coach & trainers to implement the results.
    Every year the heart rules the head and I feel optimistic, but this year I really think we can be anything.
    I think 2018 might take away the pain 😃

I heard the Storm have horrendous preseasons, designed to really test the physical and mental capacity of players. New players to their system are watched very closely. Didn’t put too much credence on it until I saw a photo big Sam Kasiano - wow, he’s pretty much half the size he was, lol.

The Tigers all seem to be singing from the same songsheet so far. All I want to see is some real attitude in defense, you know, different to the last half dozen years I’ve witnessed.

Recent Topics