World Club Challenge

• For those slightly interested in anything that resembles a Rugby League game the WCC game between Melbourne and Leeds at 6.30 pm Qld time tonight

For something different I suggest a SOO theme in the future

The winning state plays the Rest of the World as the opening game of the season

Thoughts ??

• Yeah maybe. Though it downplays with relevance of international rugby league with half of Australia playing the other half + the rest of the world being added.

Still though, may be worth a go. Something needs to be done as the WCC certainly is not the pinnacle that it should be.

• @:

Yeah maybe. Though it downplays with relevance of international rugby league with half of Australia playing the other half + the rest of the world being added.

Still though, may be worth a go. Something needs to be done as the WCC certainly is not the pinnacle that it should be.

Pay them what they’d get playing three SOO games and might stop International players switching allegiances to Australia and NZ and actually help the International game

• I dont think any club or players are too interested in a show-piece event for the opening game of the season.

It simply is not on the radar due to the long season ahead. Maybe have the WCC as the last club game of the year?

• @:

I dont think any club or players are too interested in a show-piece event for the opening game of the season.

It simply is not on the radar due to the long season ahead. Maybe have the WCC as the last club game of the year?

They used to Watto , back in the mid to late 80’s , Australian players would show up half pissed to games

In 87 Manly almost had to forfeit , half the team had gone on a drinking binge and they couldn’t find them 😆

• Does anyone genuinely get excited for the WCC?

• The WCC only started to boost the ESL standings. The top sides now draw good crowds and the game in England is expanding. Personally i think it has passed its used by date.

• @:

Does anyone genuinely get excited for the WCC?

Did in 2006 😆

• Geez those Hull FC fans are a noises bunch. I’m down at King St Wharf . It sounds like there are hundreds of them chanting ,probably only 60 or so but they can make a noise. Like the Barmy Army . Good atmosphere . RL is the winner.

• @:

Will do if Cammy gets filled-in by a psychopathic Pommy prop tonight!
    Carn Leeds, go full maim mode on these filthy vermin :master:

• @:

Not really… Only watching due to being starved of nrl action…

• Definitely didn’t miss gus’ voice or the guy commentating. Can’t stand this guy calling the game.

• @:

The Hull fans around the city and in Manly are definitely excited

• Over?
    Who won?

• Cameron smith is kicking well tonight

Recent Topics