Site Hardware Upgrade

• Administrators

Hi everyone.

Earlier this week I kicked off the process of upgrading the Forum’s server hardware.
    In effect the processor and memory capacity has doubled.
    Fortunately I was able to trial this upgrade for a week before making a final call, which is good timing as we have a trial this Saturday.

I am eagerly awaiting this weekend’s game as it will give a good indication of whether or not doubling the resources is a sufficient remedy to the ongoing forum issues.

I’ll report back to everyone on Sunday/Monday as to how it all went.

If I do decide to go down the path of doubling the resource (or even tripling them?) then I’ll be launching another Forum Support Drive, as this upgrade will be a large ongoing expense.

Let’s see how this weekend goes,
    cheers

Kul

• ForumSupporter

Thanks Kul.

• Thanks for all your hard work.

• @:

Thanks for all your hard work.

• Administrators

The results are in.
    During and after the Trial Game there was heavy traffic to the site but the increased CPU and RAM proved to be enough to handle it all.
    I’m going to lock in the new hardware for the time being (we can increase it again later if need be).

• Well done Kul…. :sign:

• @:

The results are in.
    During and after the Trial Game there was heavy traffic to the site but the increased CPU and RAM proved to be enough to handle it all.
    I’m going to lock in the new hardware for the time being (we can increase it again later if need be).

Hey Kul,let us know if we need to kick in some money to help cover the costs of keeping this great site operating efficiently…

cheers TT… 😃

• Worked good at my end Kul - really good work, thanks for your efforts.

• Yes was great for me even though I almost blew a gasket with Brooks short kicks.

• Administrators

Forum Support drive for 2018 is up.

http://www.weststigersforum.com/app.php/donate

• Hi Kul

I donated 20 hope you got it via paypal.

• @:

Forum Support drive for 2018 is up.

http://www.weststigersforum.com/app.php/donate

Hey Kul, thanks for your efforts in keeping the forum technology up and running. I’ve just donated $20 via PayPal but as it’s the first time I’ve been asked to donate I’m not sure how much is appropriate. Just PM me if a higher amount is warranted.

• Administrators

Cheers!
    I’ve been monitoring the stats of the new hardware configuration and I’m pleased with the performance of the server.

Also the automatic “forum supporter” tag isn’t working… I have to add it manually for each person. I’ll get this fixed

Fun fact, traffic is 18% on this time last year, so really it was time to do this!

• Thanks Kul, the forum worked beautifully with all those onlookers on game day at my end. Heaps better than last year.

• Administrators

Yep, the new hardware was a massive help.
    Previously the site would have crashed out, however the logs show that it was capable of handling the busy period.
    It will be interesting to see how it goes after a loss…

A smart investment!

Recent Topics