Earlier this week I kicked off the process of upgrading the Forum’s server hardware.
In effect the processor and memory capacity has doubled.
Fortunately I was able to trial this upgrade for a week before making a final call, which is good timing as we have a trial this Saturday.
I am eagerly awaiting this weekend’s game as it will give a good indication of whether or not doubling the resources is a sufficient remedy to the ongoing forum issues.
I’ll report back to everyone on Sunday/Monday as to how it all went.
If I do decide to go down the path of doubling the resource (or even tripling them?) then I’ll be launching another Forum Support Drive, as this upgrade will be a large ongoing expense.
Let’s see how this weekend goes,