Tiger Thompson trumps Lolohea for fullback spot

@:

@:

@:

Pencil Thompson in for number 1 … Tui will be getting acquainted with his teammates in ISP.

Tui should be on the bench Rd 1 ahead of Marshall , can play 1-7 and surely could handle 9 for 10-15 minutes if needed

Knows how the team plays , Marshall hasn’t spent one minute in match conditions with this team

His fitness is apparently the issue and you want him at dummy half…the possy that covers most ground?
Where was marshall again.last nigjt?
Still at hospital? Pfft

Fair enough , didn’t realize fitness was the issue , got the feeling they weren’t happy with his positional play from the few issues I saw Then again both can be linked

@:

@:

@:

The run near the end of the match was class.

It was, but I wish he’d made more effort to look for a pass near the end.

Yep. Had Milne and MCK unmarked.

Haven’t seen him pass once. We had a 3 on 2 in the first half where he didn’t pass and shut it down. It’s and well and good to be a great runner of the ball but the fullback need to be able to take the Right options in those situations

Obviously trying to be like Tedesco last year - don’t pass. Didn’t even look during that long run. That is an old wingers trait.

I like Thompson think he’s got a massive heart, and tries his guts out, but still think Tui has a bigger upside in terms of skill.

I just can’t help but feel with Thompson we will be a lot more limited in terms of attack.

Tui came on for 3 minutes at the end of the trial game, but his hit up was full of venom, and his second touch with the ball looked dangerous.

He also passes the ball, Thompson NOT passing after that brilliant run went unnoticed the first time by me, but on second watch, it was pretty glaring.

Strange question….

has Thompson ever played any hooker.

Im a fan of Lolohea and REALLY want him to make good this year……BUT…

Last year he was flat out fat. No other word for it. We heard a lot from him that he wanted to cement a first grade position, reach his potential etc etc etc. Cheap easy words. For mine the first test for Lolohea was to me how he presented himself fitness wise for these trials. Whilst he isnt as fat as last year, he is still not in good condition and for a first grade footballer and professional athlete, that is simply not good enough, ESPECIALLY when you are trying to cement a position in first grade blah blah blah. His fitness screams much louder than his words.

Im really disappointed but he has had it in his own hands.

@:

Last year he was flat out fat. No other word for it. We heard a lot from him that he wanted to cement a first grade position, reach his potential etc etc etc. Cheap easy words. For mine the first test for Lolohea was to me how he presented himself fitness wise for these trials. Whilst he isnt as fat as last year, he is still not in good condition and for a first grade footballer and professional athlete, that is simply not good enough, ESPECIALLY when you are trying to cement a position in first grade blah blah blah. His fitness screams much louder than his words.

If he ain’t as fat as last year then he is by definition fitter…

Cleary might be thinking of Thompson and Tui sharinf the fullback position like Mini and RTS did a few years ago.
I though Tui looked our most dangerous player late last year, esp in the opposition 20. I’d hate to see him in reserve grade,

If we’re going to beat the Roosters, it will be done through our forwards

@:

Cleary might be thinking of Thompson and Tui sharing the fullback position like Mini and RTS did a few years ago.
I though Tui looked our most dangerous player late last year, esp in the opposition 20. I’d hate to see him in reserve grade,

Tui i think is our strike weapon, he is the guy who can add a little spark, even if he was a little fat the some of the tries he set up were abnormal but we need that. I would like to see Thompson on the wing and Tui at fullback they can rotate when attacking/defending.

@:

@:

Cleary might be thinking of Thompson and Tui sharing the fullback position like Mini and RTS did a few years ago.

Tui i think is our strike weapon, he is the guy who can add a little spark, even if he was a little fat the some of the tries he set up were abnormal but we need that. I would like to see Thompson on the wing and Tui at fullback they can rotate when attacking/defending.

Gives us a goalkicker aswell.

@:

@:

If he ain’t as fat as last year then he is by definition fitter…

Possibly, but still not fit. He is still overweight which to me (and it seems Ivan as well) says that he hasnt put the time in and to me as a massive Tui fan, is very disappointing. Could be a bit like Suli going to Bulldogs, dogs fans are excited but Tigers fans know why he isnt still here, Warriors fans have been saying the same things about Tui.

I really hope he can find the discipline required to not only become a regular first grader but to realise the potential he clearly has.

@:

@:

I think this could be the answer

Why do we have all these strenghth/conditioning/fitness trainers and wtf have they been doing?

This is a problem for the coach … he now has to put Thompson to fullback which leaves the edges thin on defence , Tui has caused this problem and needs to get the finger out and get fit , I do not see the Tigers beating anyone with the centres and wing that was there on Saturday night.,… it will be try time every time the opposition passes 3 off the ruck this is a real problem

@:

Why do we have all these strenghth/conditioning/fitness trainers and wtf have they been doing?

You can lead a horse to water!

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.