Brutal Reality - We lack talent

• We have the least talent in the competition. Thats why are favourites for the wooden spoon. By that i mean arguable the weakest spine in the whole competition and the slowest backline. If someone can name me a weaker spine or slower backline i would like them to nominate them?

We might have the most depth but that doesn’t mean we have 25 good first graders. Everyone can talk about being a team and effort and playing for each other but most NRL sides do that most weeks.

The game is about speed and power. Last night I was thinking who are the guys oppositions are going to be worried about? Who is the target on a sweeping back line play? Who is going to turn a half break into a clean break? How are our wingers going to exploit space down the edges? Who is going to to make something out of nothing magic? Who can create the late offload to put some one over? I actually think Aloiai will be one of our best targets close to the line.

I quite like our pack however once the bash and barge of the season takes it toll you need class and polish.
    I know its a new team and it will take time. I like the fact we are trying to build something new. However my impression is unless they can come up with a style of football that is something different we are going to find it mighty hard to score points this season.

Maybe the team is bigger then individuals and we can surprise this season. However for me coming 11th or 12th would be a present surprise based on this roster as it currently stands.

• Our roster is shite

• You guys are so encouraging
    Hope off at the next bus stop please

• Its only been 2 trials fellas,let Ivan do his job….he knows that he needs to get this team winning games this year…he recruited players and has had everything in his favour…as long as the bus only gets a flat tyre sometime during the year,gets repaired and then its smooth travel along a somewhat rocky road,then all will be good…

• Eddie,have you been asked to audition for a new horror movie…they tell me it was for the part of the GRIMREAPER…

be cool brother,we have 26 rounds before we start buying rope from Bunnings…

• Amazing the amount of Monday morning QB’s that have come out of the woodwork the last 24 hours. Where were these threads after last weeks trial?

• @:

You guys are so encouraging
    Hope off at the next bus stop please

The OP is pretty close to the mark. We do lack talent compared to other franchises, so we will need to work harder as a team if we are going to make any headway in this competition.

Luck will need to be the star of this team, but I’m not sure if Ivan has included that in his cliches?

• GNR I write previews for The Roar.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2018/02/23/wests-tigers-2018-season-preview-prediction/

I had the Tigers pencilled in for 15th in an article posted Friday.

So happy to be accused of having no idea and being wrong but not a Monday Morning quarterback in this case.

Anyway I desperately hope I am wrong.

• Same names, same negativity.

• I always try and look at things fro a neutral perspective.

• @:

Same names, same negativity.

…and the same footy on field thus far

Its been a long time between drinks, and the last drink

• @:

@:

Same names, same negativity.

…and the same footy on field thus far

Its been a long time between drinks, and the last drink

I think its more fans being realistic then negative.

All this get on the bus stuff bores me more then honest and passionate comments.

Each to their own though.

I respect rans that like to get behind the team and be positive.

However like you said - its been a while.

• Don’t disagree one bit

• We have an even squad, we lack one or two origin class players but have the Twal’s and Aloia’s coming through.

Way too early to go off

• @:

We have the least talent in the competition. Thats why are favourites for the wooden spoon. By that i mean arguable the weakest spine in the whole competition and the slowest backline. If someone can name me a weaker spine or slower backline i would like them to nominate them?

We might have the most depth but that doesn’t mean we have 25 good first graders. Everyone can talk about being a team and effort and playing for each other but most NRL sides do that most weeks.

The game is about speed and power. Last night I was thinking who are the guys oppositions are going to be worried about? Who is the target on a sweeping back line play? Who is going to turn a half break into a clean break? How are our wingers going to exploit space down the edges? Who is going to to make something out of nothing magic? Who can create the late offload to put some one over? I actually think Aloiai will be one of our best targets close to the line.

I quite like our pack however once the bash and barge of the season takes it toll you need class and polish.
    I know its a new team and it will take time. I like the fact we are trying to build something new. However my impression is unless they can come up with a style of football that is something different we are going to find it mighty hard to score points this season.

Maybe the team is bigger then individuals and we can surprise this season. However for me coming 11th or 12th would be a present surprise based on this roster as it currently stands.

What did you expect seeing that our best 3 players pissed off to other clubs ?
    And we ended up keeping the dud we didn’t really want !

Recent Topics