That killer instinct

I often wonder why some people have it and some don’t

My daughter was at rep trials for netball yesterday and another parent’s daughter said she was as good a player as her daughter but lacks that drive to do whatever it takes to win/succeed

My son is the same he loves the game of rugby league but just doesn’t have the absolute drive to succeed at the game , despite probably being as talented as many others

So as usual , their is a question at the end , why don’t some have the killer want to succeed and how do you develop it ??

Happy I think it comes out for everyone in the right context mate, but it has to be driven first and foremost by the indivuals desire for success.

I never had the talent or the drive in sport. In other areas of my life though I would practice basic skills for hours and hours to make sure I was the best I could be, I think the hard thing for young people is figuring out what is going to make them tick in that way.

It could be something else entirely, just speaking from my own experience and my interactions at work with 100 or so young people aged around 20.

@:

My daughter was at rep trials for netball yesterday and another parent’s daughter said she was as good a player as her daughter but lacks that drive to do whatever it takes to win/succeed

My son is the same he loves the game of rugby league but just doesn’t have the absolute drive to succeed at the game , despite probably being as talented as many others

So as usual , their is a question at the end , why don’t some have the killer want to succeed and how do you develop it ??

Too many cuddles from mum …

@:

Happy I think it comes out for everyone in the right context mate, but it has to be driven first and foremost by the indivuals desire for success.

I never had the talent or the drive in sport. In other areas of my life though I would practice basic skills for hours and hours to make sure I was the best I could be, I think the hard thing for young people is figuring out what is going to make them tick in that way.

It could be something else entirely, just speaking from my own experience and my interactions at work with 100 or so young people aged around 20.

I work with a lot of young kids and try to say to them if you are going to do something do it to your best of your ability every time

Whether you are good or not doesn’t matter , but to have the pride in what you’ve done and know you couldn’t have done anything more

@:

@:

I work with a lot of young kids and try to say to them if you are going to do something do it to your best of your ability every time

Whether you are good or not doesn’t matter , but to have the pride in what you’ve done and know you couldn’t have done anything more

When kids get to a certain age You tell them the truth !
No point mollycoddling them …

Just like You see some kids playing footy that should be learning real estate .

@:

@:

@:

Did that , now he is a Cowboys supporter 😆

@:

@:

@:

@:

Did that , now he is a Cowboys supporter 😆

:roll

My young bloke trains in his Panther Cubs Jersey !
Can’t blame him really 😆

Just because you’re good at something doesn’t mean it’s important to you.
You can only make yourself happy.

Some kids find their passion early…as gall said just cause youre good at something doesnt mean its important.
Some dont find their thing til much later in life

@:

Just because you’re good at something doesn’t mean it’s important to you.
You can only make yourself happy.

Bernard Tomic comes to mind.

You have either got it or you don’t……if you want to succeed in anything,you have to have the want and interest…no good trying to be the best at something if you haven’t got the ability…doing your BEST to achieve something …is an honest outcome…

I have it…and i’ll use it one day up Gladstone way

If everybody was the same in this world, it would be a bloody boring place…

@:

I have it…and i’ll use it one day up Gladstone way

:roll

@:

I think everyone likes to be the best and win.
However there is the question as to whether a person meets all the difficult requirements to reach the top.

• Nartrual ability and talent is essential.
  • Good character should form the platform.
  • Dedication and bloody mid set to the task at hand
  • willingness to take advice and learn
  • leadership qualities and sense of control
  • Healthy mind and body
  • Killer instinct comes in there somewhere …… but sometimes can be counterproductive as you can loose the sense of control which you must maintain.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.