Turning points

• Enjoyed it so much today, congrats to the club and all fans on a great day.

We could have easily conceded 5 minutes before halftime, after already defending like demons, and we held our nerve after a turnover, forcing Tupou into touch from memory.

When Brooks went off Benji really took control and we never looked like conceding a try.

Finally, and most significantly imo, when they scored and started to steamroll us we were in trouble coming off our own line. They put a couple of massive hits and then I think it was Packer who took a hit up. He stood tall, swatted them off like mosquitoes, got a quick play the ball and we made one of our only breaks of the game down the right edge a few seconds later. Massive, and snapped their momentum in one show of power and strength.

How good will the documentary be now, when we run of the tunnel in the final episode. All I could think of leaving the game was that we had built a wall, just like the sandbags, everyone did their best out there and that is the end result.

What stood out for others?

• @:

Enjoyed it so much today, congrats to the club and all fans on a great day.

We could have easily conceded 5 minutes before halftime, after already defending like demons, and we held our nerve after a turnover, forcing Tupou into touch from memory.

When Brooks went off Benji really took control and we never looked like conceding a try.

Finally, and most significantly imo, when they scored and started to steamroll us we were in trouble coming off our own line. They put a couple of massive hits and then I think it was Packer who took a hit up. He stood tall, swatted them off like mosquitoes, got a quick play the ball and we made one of our only breaks of the game down the right edge a few seconds later. Massive, and snapped their momentum in one show of power and strength.

How good will the documentary be now, when we run of the tunnel in the final episode. All I could think of leaving the game was that we had built a wall, just like the sandbags, everyone did their best out there and that is the end result.

I thought the tackle just prior by Mataulino on our line was the major factor that led to the chook being forced into touch and stopped the continuing rot since Kev threw that silly pass. Had a few celebratory drinks, so cannot recall exactly, but another Mats hit was also important later on.

Benji was great during Brooks’ absence and good overall.

In the last couple of plays or so before he had a short rest, Elijah’s contribution had already been massive, but putting in the work to get Cronk with the ball on the fifth tackle and then pressuring Cornish into that terrible kick was outstanding. Lost count of the number of times the refs called his name when he was really working over the attackers in the ruck, but always pushed it right to the limit without being penalised.

Offloads on the right edge as the clock ticked down were great, as was Tui putting himself in the picture and performing when the game was on the line. That they controlled Mitchell with Rochow earlier was probably their greatest contribution.

Time for another beer.

• Thompson and Marsters manufactured every opportunity we had in the last 10mins. Thompson’s jinking run got us the field position that gave us the try

• @:

@:

I thought the tackle just prior by Mataulino on our line was the major factor that led to the chook being forced into touch and stopped the continuing rot since Kev threw that silly pass. Had a few celebratory drinks, so cannot recall exactly, but another Mats hit was also important later on.

In the last couple of plays or so before he had a short rest, Elijah’s contribution had already been massive, but putting in the work to get Cronk with the ball on the fifth tackle and then pressuring Cornish into that terrible kick was outstanding. Lost count of the number of times the refs called his name when he was really working over the attackers in the ruck, but always pushed it right to the limit without being penalised.

Offloads on the right edge as the clock ticked down were great, as was Tui putting himself in the picture and contributing when the game was on the line.

Time for another beer.

Bugger it. I’ll crack a beer as well.
    Geo, how were the $3 pies?

• @:

@:

Offloads on the right edge as the clock ticked down were great, as was Tui putting himself in the picture and performing when the game was on the line. That they controlled Mitchell with Rochow earlier was probably their greatest contribution.

Time for another beer.

Mitchell made hardly any metres, good points.

Recent Topics