Todd Payten

I think Todd Payten is one of the most important members of our team and i have always thought it. this year we have won 1 from not there and 3 from 3 with him there. He is quite obviously the leader of the forward pack and will be hard to replace when he does go in the next couple of years. He plays as a second half for benji his defense is impeccable and discipline is really good. I think that in the Manly game we got lucky that Manly fell over but when Toddy comes back he will turn the forward pack around 10 fold. I dont think anyone else has said this on here and i apoligize if they have but toddy is our best forward this year and not getting the accolades for it that he so rightfully deserves. Whether he start in the front row second row lock or bench we well and truely need him. He may not be a stat leader its just his presence i believe lift the club to become a real force. We need him to have an injury free run and I will be confident that we can win 80% of our games from here on out

He’s an important cog in our pack, though our best? Debatable….
Hope he’s back soon

With our pack it is essential we are at full strength.

how long was he ruled out for? 😒
hoping to see him in team this week.
if that is not to be, after the bye when wests-tigers play the rabbitohs. 🙏
will need him most definately for that game.

According to the man himself he should be good to go this weekend.

Todd has great deffence, hands and alot of size we are missing him but imo he need to conserntrate on taking more hit ups and not playing to fancy last game he played he only made 1 hitup and 23 tackles for some-one of his size he should be taking more hitups then that, only a couple of seasons ago he was making over 100m a game, i hope he can get back to that sort of form.

He’s sensational. So far this year at least. Decent forward running game (at least as good as gibbs with less bonehead errors & penalties) but hands like a 5/8.

Needs to hit harder in defence.

Maybe Bug but at least he generally sticks the tackle

@Balmain Bug:

Needs to hit harder in defence.

???

He doesnt pull off big hits but his defence is incredibly effective. He drops the attacker on the spot while other forwards get dragged a metre before getting the runner down.

important cog in team but too injury prone -

It will be good to have him back this week and help the defence around the ruck, as well as take some of the pressure off Gibbs and Galloway in attack.

well according to the injury list we have Todd, Lui and Taumata back this week.

@IronTiger:

well according to the injury list we have Todd, Lui and Taumata back this week.

Hopefully that means Fitzy and Daniela out of the 17.

@Bazzinator:

I think Todd Payten is one of the most important members of our team and i have always thought it. this year we have won 1 from not there and 3 from 3 with him there. He is quite obviously the leader of the forward pack and will be hard to replace when he does go in the next couple of years. He plays as a second half for benji his defense is impeccable and discipline is really good. I think that in the Manly game we got lucky that Manly fell over but when Toddy comes back he will turn the forward pack around 10 fold. I dont think anyone else has said this on here and i apoligize if they have but toddy is our best forward this year and not getting the accolades for it that he so rightfully deserves. Whether he start in the front row second row lock or bench we well and truely need him. He may not be a stat leader its just his presence i believe lift the club to become a real force. We need him to have an injury free run and I will be confident that we can win 80% of our games from here on out

I agree but to say todd is our best forward is like saying moltzen is our best back hes not but the balance of the team
is much better this brings me back to something I posted a few weeks ago that said we dont look as good when fulton and heighno are on the field together both are having superb seasons but the team just looks a little too light when there both on whereas todd gives us that different dimension as moltzen seems to in the backline.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme