St George-Illawarra

I know it’s early in the season but can anyone see them not taking this years Premiership?
I’m declaring them specials right now. I told everyone last year that they would choke when it counts but i think this season will be a different story. They have lost quality players so far this year (Fien Prior Smith Saffy) and you wouldn’t even know it by the way they play, they haven’t missed a beat.
Yes they play boring football and i’m sick of them being on free to air tv every week but their defence is just relentless and they frustrate teams into error which they capitalise on, they are by far the most mentally tough team in the comp and baring injuries to key play makers will be very tough to beat.

They play great round to round football but they lack the extra gear and flair required to make it IMO

well i had them tipped to take it out last and as i could’nt about this time see them getting beat…still a long long way to go.

They won’t win the comp, right now they’ve got the game to grind teams into submission, but come September, they’ll fall again.

we all know what the dragons do come semi time.

<big>choke</big>

@TIGER:

I know it’s early in the season but can anyone see them not taking this years Premiership?
I’m declaring them specials right now. I told everyone last year that they would choke when it counts but i think this season will be a different story. They have lost quality players so far this year (Fien Prior Smith Saffy) and you wouldn’t even know it by the way they play, they haven’t missed a beat.
Yes they play boring football and i’m sick of them being on free to air tv every week but their defence is just relentless and they frustrate teams into error which they capitalise on, they are by far the most mentally tough team in the comp and baring injuries to key play makers will be very tough to beat.

THEIR START IS EXACTLY LIKE LAST YEAR. COME ORIGIN TIME THEY WILL BE FOUND OUT ASWELL AS LATER IN THE YEAR WHEN THE BEST BACKLINES REALLY BEGIN TO CLICK ONE WHICH IS HOPEFULLY US AS LONG AS OUR FORWARDS MUSCLE UP AND WE HAVE A GOOD RUN WITH INJURIES THIS COMBINED WITH THEIR INABILITY TO RISE TO THE NEXT LEVEL WILL SEE SAINTS FAIL AGAIN. :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo:

i think at this stage they are the favs but they were this time last year and leading into the finals, as has been said they have lost good players and at the moment they have it covered but 1 or 2 more injurie may tell a different story

They play a grinding football style and I think that drains the players out come the end of the season.

Add to that when a team gets on top of them, they dont seem to have a plan b.

I think their loss down in Canberra rattled them (Remember Miller and Weyman colliding? Jeremy Smith near the end of the game coming over the top when the match was nearly over, causing another brawl?) and the Broncos in particular picked up on that in their semi.

I dont think they’ll win the comp.

St. George Illawarra have a very good coach and I wouldn’t be surprised if they win the comp this year but I won’t be surprised if they choke again either. If Wests Tigers are near full strength going into the finals then we could win the comp. Moltzen won’t be there but if Lui, Taumata, or Lazarus step up at halfback then we can beat St. George Illawarra if we are near full strength. Also the Goldcoast and Penrith would also be a chance if they are at full strength. I am very glad Melbourne won’t be in the finals this year. :slight_smile:

@alien:

St. George Illawarra have a very good coach and I wouldn’t be surprised if they win the comp this year but I won’t be surprised if they choke again either. If Wests Tigers are near full strength going into the finals then we could win the comp. Moltzen won’t be there but if Lui, Taumata, or Lazarus step up at halfback then we can beat St. George Illawarra if we are near full strength. Also the Goldcoast and Penrith would also be a chance if they are at full strength. I am very glad Melbourne won’t be in the finals this year. :slight_smile:

pull the splinters out alien.

@magpie mania:

@alien:

pull the splinters out alien.

What do you mean???

Is it better to make it and choke or not make it at all?

Darius Boyd is their best player by so far it’s not funny. Take him out f their team and they’ll struggle to score any points at all.

Hornby an soward are rubbish

I’m sure i’ll revisit this thread come semis time.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme