Packerlino

• I understand the reason for having Mats on the bench today but I can’t wait until we get to the stage of having Packer and Matulino start the games together.

Individually they both looked great in their stints but the damage and go forward they could create for us working together would be beautiful to watch.

• Yeah It would be great. But theres a lot of pressure on 2-3 forwards to make all the damaging runs. It doesn’t help that Lawrence/Taylor don’t really run the ball much, so a lot of that pressure goes onto the props to make metres. I think when Aloai comes back and we get another forward who can add some punch things will be a lot better.

• Matulino was almost my man of the match. He was immense.

• Happy with both. However they are the type of forwards who make others play better. Taking the tough carry.
    Just look at Twal and Huths stats. They had very good games.
    Selections are going to be incredibly tough for Ivan.

• ForumSupporter

I think the balance with Matulino off the bench is right…

both Eisenhuth and Twal were great in conjunction with Packer and Matulino…

Some more minutes out of Packer would be better,

• @:

Yeah It would be great. But theres a lot of pressure on 2-3 forwards to make all the damaging runs. It doesn’t help that Lawrence/Taylor don’t really run the ball much, so a lot of that pressure goes onto the props to make metres. I think when Aloai comes back and we get another forward who can add some punch things will be a lot better.

Agreed I think we need another bruising forward in the team, maybe Sue or JJ could fill that hole.

I also think if Twal can develop an offload he will become a far more effective forward, there were plenty of times tonight where he seemed to have an opportunity to offload but he doesn’t appear to look for it.

• I like Matulino coming off the bench, he made some great tackles hope he stays fit.

I think we need either Matulino or Packer out there at all times, not afraid to take a dirty hit up and can put a good hit on. Those moments change the game and intensity. Good leaders for the other forwards.

• @:

And who called for Matulino off the bench …… 😃

• ForumSupporter

@:

@:

Nelson…

• @:

@:

@:

Nelson…

Mandela ?? 😕

• They are not very good at waltzing ass first, but will have to put up with the lack of it, as it is was it is.

• @:

@:

Yeah It would be great. But theres a lot of pressure on 2-3 forwards to make all the damaging runs. It doesn’t help that Lawrence/Taylor don’t really run the ball much, so a lot of that pressure goes onto the props to make metres. I think when Aloai comes back and we get another forward who can add some punch things will be a lot better.

Agreed I think we need another bruising forward in the team, maybe Sue or JJ could fill that hole.

I also think if Twal can develop an offload he will become a far more effective forward, there were plenty of times tonight where he seemed to have an opportunity to offload but he doesn’t appear to look for it.

I think Felise will fill that role in the near future, he definitely looks the goods and with players like Matulino and Packer around him, hopefully he will develop faster. Plus we still have Sue and Grant waiting in the wings also, so there’s plenty of experience and depth up front - so nice to be able to say this!!

I agree an offload would take Twal’s game to a whole new level! I believe it will come. Give him time, he’s still very young.

• ForumSupporter

@:

@:

@:

@:

Nelson…

Mandela ?? 😕

This guy…http://www.weststigersforum.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=7346

He was right too…

• Matulino was perfect coming off the bench kept the go forward going all game. We do need a damaging 2nd rower to add to the mix. Matulino was cutting guys in half with his tackles so good to see

• I for one was outspoken in regards to Packers signing……but in paying more attention to him, what he does and how he plays football, i am very happy to start to believe I was wrong…
    thought he was outstanding during the game, and the emotion he showed when the final whistle went was something to observe.
    Maybe, just maybe we have a team that doesn’t take playing for granted…

Recent Topics