Matt Nable commentating

I just watched the replay on Fox and was really impressed with Nable’s commentating in yesterday’s game. No cliches and came across as very knowledgeable on the game. He constantly noted players getting to their front (one of the more under appreciated qualities) in hit ups.

He had some unusual pronunciation of player’s names but I even enjoyed that.

Russell Crowe next?

Seems like everyone has a divided opinion on him. I thought he did quite well and kept blocker in check. I would rather him than many of the others getting around.

He got a few names wrong but that is just experience, when he butchered Rochows name I did have a good laugh.

I watched the highlights on NRL.com. Legit thought it was NRL pass with its own commentator’s. He sounded very amateurish.

As for Blocker, it’s 2018 for gods sake. Talk about a time warp hearing him use the same jokes from the 90”s.

I thought Blocker was great……unashamedely biased and loving it.

Sounded a bit like Hadley but without being the clown Hadley is

Did well , would happily listen to him again

@:

Sounded a bit like Hadley but without being the clown Hadley is

Did well , would happily listen to him again

Yeh there was a bit of Hadley in him but, as you say, without the odious Hadley personality.

I liked him. To the point, good observations about momentum and teams getting on top. No whingeing about ref decisions etc.

Is there a replay tonite or tomorrow on fox?
Forgot to IQ it

@:

Forgot to IQ it

Its on On Demand now, if you have that feature.

He went OK, if him being there stops Anasta from getting a gig, then go him.

Thought he was quite good. First time, hasn’t even been a Sideline eye, good effort

Just need to put a quota on the number of times he uses 'momentum"

Just need to put a quota on the number of times he uses 'momentum"

@:

@:

Forgot to IQ it

Its on On Demand now, if you have that feature.

Also you can use Foxtel go to watch it on your PC, tablet or phone. It comes with foxtel for free.

I thought he was awful. Beyond embarrassing at times. He didn’t know the players’ names, or who was who. It’s like they found a casual rugby league fan at the ground to call a game.

Edit: I didn’t know it was his first call. He gets a little bit of slack for that.

Did anyone notice the way he pronounces rochow ? Ahah rawchawww

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.