Titans prove why sheens isnt the man for the job

They lose prince their most infuential player and in 3 weeks get 2 wins over melbourne and the Ses eagles

Instead of playing silly buggers and having 3 people play half back during a game cartwright picks one man for the job and whats the result? 2 wins over 2 of the top 3 teams in the league

imagine if sheens was in charge of the titans he would of had bird at 7 rogers at 6 with friend playing 30% of the game at 7 aswell

Stop being egotistical sheens and learn from your peers, the titans prove a well coached team can overcome the loss of their key player, their number one man by a simple game plan and picking ONE man to fill the void left

Yeah to bad tigers dont have preston campbell

😆 😆 Yes let’s get Carty

On the flip side poor old Desi must be pulling his hair out…up 22 12 with 20 to go and the Titans playing like busted’s…How they lost that one at home is beyond me…Sack Hasler…

@Geo.:

😆 😆 Yes let’s get Carty

On the flip side poor old Desi must be pulling his hair out…up 22 12 with 20 to go and the Titans playing like busted’s…How they lost that one at home is beyond me…Sack Hasler…

id be happy with folkes

Titans are winning unwinnable games without fuss or flair. Have to put them third in the premiership race behind the Dragons and Panthers but with Prince back they could be the team to beat. Cartwright is young(er) and hungrier, I’d have him as a coach at WT

I think what Sheens does is that he tries to hard to outsmart the opposing coach. And he does that by shifting players to different positions in the middle of matches. The problem is I think it outsmarts his own players and himself if anything.

In saying that, I wouldnt have Carty at the Tigers over Sheens just yet… Another failed season will definitely change my mind though.

How the hell does the titians winning a game against a team we have already beaten this year prove sheens isnt the man to coach us???
He has Preston Campbell to come in and play half without Prince,he won the bloody dally m playing half for the sharks do we have anyone in our ranks that could do that,no we have a kid who has only played two games and shown he is out of his depth.Dont you think if we had somebody experienced enough to play 7 like preston he would bloody pick him?Why dont we just bring back lamb will that make you happy?

@JRD:

How the hell does the titians winning a game against a team we have already beaten this year prove sheens isnt the man to coach us???
He has Preston Campbell to come in and play half without Prince,he won the bloody dally m playing half for the sharks do we have anyone in our ranks that could do that,no we have a kid who has only played two games and shown he is out of his depth.Dont you think if we had somebody experienced enough to play 7 like preston he would bloody pick him?Why dont we just bring back lamb will that make you happy?

agree! to have an experienced player like preston campbell who can slide in to fill in for prince would be awesome to have at tigers but we simply dont have it, so dont go slagging the coach for trying different things. cartwright has it easy. yeh im getting frustrated too but give the guy a break we have lost both our first and second choice for half and now we have to trial newbies. so be it.

good luck tigers and gl sheens

@JRD:

That is my sentiment too. This would be a fair argument if the Titans also lost Campbell and whoever their 3rd choice halfback is. But they are only down one half, we have been down our top 3 picks the past fortnight.

Funny thing is everyone praised Sheens when he picked Lazzo as a proper half replacement, like for like. But Lazzo is clearly short of first grade at the moment and the team has needed to make up for that. It hasn’t worked. Fitzy is a crap option too. But without Lui or Taumata our options are limited.

You can’t compare Preston with Lazzo.

I get what he’s trying to say with this thread but it’s hard to agree with it. Like you guys have said, to have a player the calibre of Campbell slot in and play half, well thats a pretty minimal disruption to normal service. Our situation is well different.

Titans are a different type of side. They have grinded out 2 good wins and well done to them, We are showing elements of this in our games in 2010 that we never had ever….

We are headed in the right direction guys… I dont understand the panic.

We lost Lui and then Moltzen…and the guys we got playing are trying way to hard to score of every play.

The boys just need to SETTLE in Attack and complete their sets… Feild position is the key in todays Game.

Sheens Post match Conf talks about the 2nd half from Hell

http://www.weststigers.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=24609" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Completions and playing smarter

@jirskyr:

@JRD:

That is my sentiment too. This would be a fair argument if the Titans also lost Campbell and whoever their 3rd choice halfback is. But they are only down one half, we have been down our top 3 picks the past fortnight.

Funny thing is everyone praised Sheens when he picked Lazzo as a proper half replacement, like for like. But Lazzo is clearly short of first grade at the moment and the team has needed to make up for that. It hasn’t worked. Fitzy is a crap option too. But without Lui or Taumata our options are limited.

actually the real funny thing is that in his 2 games wearing 7 lazarus hasnt actually played halfback, thats the genious in sheens you see. the reason the titans are successful without their main man is not because of preston its because cartwright makes minimal changes and doesnt shuffle 3-4 players to cover one position and simplifies the game plan.

if you guys have been paying attention, which you obviously havent, you would see that the titans since princes injury have gone to a totally simple game plan and not over complicated things, where we no matter who goes out injured we try to make their replacement play the exact same way as the injured player

@ron burgandy:

@jirskyr:

@JRD:

actually the real funny thing is that in his 2 games wearing 7 lazarus hasnt actually played halfback, thats the genious in sheens you see. the reason the titans are successful without their main man is not because of preston its because cartwright makes minimal changes and doesnt shuffle 3-4 players to cover one position and simplifies the game plan.

if you guys have been paying attention, which you obviously havent, you would see that the titans since princes injury have gone to a totally simple game plan and not over complicated things, where we no matter who goes out injured we try to make their replacement play the exact same way as the injured player

You are contradicting yourself - Lazzo is a swap for Moltzen, right? But Moltzen was clearly playing first receiver and defending at HB, which as you say Lazzo wasn’t really doing in his games. So Lazzo can’t be both playing differently to Moltzen and be forced to play exactly the same as the injured player.

Personally I think the Titans always play a simple game. And like I said you can’t compare how we play with Lazzo vs how they play with Campbell, they are lightyears apart in terms of experience and style; doesn’t matter where you ultimately play them. Lazzo had an opportunity to step up and be the clear halfback, but he couldn’t do it, so reshuffles were forced. He was defensively weak so he got hidden as best possible. His kicking and distribution was average, so he got bypassed fairly often. He got cramp and fatigue in the first game and was replaced. Now he’s been dropped and we are pursuing other options.

We don’t ever really play a simple game, so unlike Melbourne we hardly win ugly. But when we win it’s as pretty as football gets. That’s why everyone loves watching the Tigers, that’s why we get so much free-to-air time and why our sponsorship is rock-solid. It’s how we won the comp in 2005.

I don’t have a problem with changing our strategy mid-season, but my point is you can’t take what is arguably the most adventurous attacking team in the comp, lance out all the halfback options and then say “hey play a simply game plan like the Titans guys”.

And although the Titans have jagged a few wins in recent weeks, ultimately their history since inception has been much like ours - promising starts that fall apart at year’s end.

Actually on direct comparison Cartwright did exactly what Sheens did.

Halfback injured. Move man from fullback who has experience at the back.

Now if Preston also got injured than any action of Cartwright would be able to be compared directly

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme