One of our best wins in a long time

What a game. So proud of this team. Attack looks clunky but to beat Melbourne at home in Billy’s 300th with a 9-1 second half penalty count AND a sin binning? That’s just ridiculous.

I don’t know how he did it but Cleary injected some much needed heart into this team. We don’t look great with the ball in hand but our defence is great and something we can build the season on.

Up the mighty Wests Tigers!

Probably THE best, considering the circumstances and the opposition. I honestly can’t think of a better one.

The best regular season win I remember because we backed up a win that was almost as gutsy 6 days earlier. Even at our peak we were NEVER this tough defensively.

Stuff the attack for now. It will come. Clubs that make the 8 regularly do it on the back. of defence.

Credit to Ivan for taking our best defensive efforts, which were always sporadic, and making it a cornerstone for 80 minutes two weeks in a row against genuine title contenders.

It was our best win since last week!

This is right up there - so much against us and so much heart shown by this team. Digging deep at the end was amazing

Just the patience we have and the ability to go deep into games and come up with the winning play is truly inspiring. So much mental toughness shown by the playing group. 2 weeks in a row. Not sure on next week but really hoping that there’s less heart attacks then the last fortnight!!

Attack is a worry but defence is outstanding, boys are having a real dig for each other

I agree with all the previous comments. The two performances were virtually identical in so many ways; line speed, smothering defense, sin bin, late try to win and, of course the score line. An absolutely phenomenal performance. No win could be more difficult or more meritorious. A lot of credit must go to hard heads, Packer, Matulino and Marshall. They are laying the platform for the others to follow and the whole tram is buying into Ivan’s new philosophy. I couldn’t be prouder!

Being a good Attacking has got us no where in the last couple of years . Our attack will change once liddle, Reynolds and lolohea are all on the field. But if we can keep teams to under 10 points we will win a lot more games than we lose.

@:

I agree with all the previous comments. The two performances were virtually identical in so many ways; line speed, smothering defense, sin bin, late try to win and, of course the score line. An absolutely phenomenal performance. No win could be more difficult or more meritorious. A lot of credit must go to hard heads, Packer, Matulino and Marshall. They are laying the platform for the others to follow and the whole tram is buying into Ivan’s new philosophy. I couldn’t be prouder!

It’s probably the most noticeable change our line speed in defence. We were probably quicker than Melbourne and they Are the best. A champion team will always win, well done boys.

Thank you Ivan, I am seriously impressed with our defense.

Keep it up boys.

PS had a little flutter on the boys, head to head @ $5.50. Didn’t think last week was a fluke.

@:

Being a good Attacking has got us no where in the last couple of years . Our attack will change once liddle, Reynolds and lolohea are all on the field. But if we can keep teams to under 10 points we will win a lot more games than we lose.

I’m not so sure we’ll see Reynolds in a big hurry. Marshall is here to play, and his game management is superb.

@:

@:

I’m not so sure we’ll see Reynolds in a big hurry. Marshall is here to play, and his game management is superb.

Great position for us to be in. Competition for spots and no one guaranteed anything.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.