What about the penalty count???

• Was at WT Ashfield in a packed auditorium with a few beers under my belt and we were all blowing up with the penalty count, although we were a tad one eyed. I just seemed to think the refs did not reward our defence and for 70 minutes were trying to get a win up for Billy, than with 10 minutes to go thought their will be a royal commission if they dont put the whistle in their pocket.

Alls forgotten after a gutsy win, but I think we could have had pages of people blowing up if we had lost

• @:

Was at WT Ashfield in a packed auditorium with a few beers under my belt and we were all blowing up with the penalty count, although we were a tad one eyed. I just seemed to think the refs did not reward our defence and for 70 minutes were trying to get a win up for Billy, than with 10 minutes to go thought their will be a royal commission if they dont put the whistle in their pocket.

Alls forgotten after a gutsy win, but I think we could have had pages of people blowing up if we had lost

Was it bit like one of the old fashioned Ashes games tours , we are playing the French Presidential 13 and Gerard Depardieu is ref and we get penalised 25-2 and Australian players are getting penalized for not getting up quick enough to play the ball or tackling too hard :roll

• I was at Wests too great atmosphere wish I went to Melbourne though.
    18-8against us reminded meof 80s matches when rorted.
    Think we only had possession once when Mats was off and lts of one sided jubious calls.

And we still won.

• Penalty count was ridiculous ….
    No way were we that ill disciplined …no way !
    But we overcame adversity with an EPIC win !

• In the end it just made the win sweeter!! BUT it is a real problem. I don’t think refs cheat but I do think refs that are not mentally tough favour the ‘champion’ side. There is no way our wrestle and ruck defence was that much worse than Storms. There were a number of times their markers were caught not square but no penalty was blown. Of course this won’t happen but the refs should be addressing this bias that everyone sees each and every week

• ForumSupporter

Storm do nothing wrong SC… :deadhorse:

NZ Tiger and I comented in the 2nd half that some penalties against were desreved and our discipline in that area needs work but some seemed ummm scripted…

Was it 9-1 or something…?

• @:

NZ Tiger and I comented in the 2nd half that some penalties against were desreved and our discipline in that area needs work but some seemed ummm scripted…

9-1 against for the second half

• What about when Munster tripped/back slammed on of our players. I thought that would come under a dangerous tackle or a least not in the spirit of the game

• @:

I guess its all about backing your D game

• @:

What about when Munster tripped/back slammed on of our players. I thought that would come under a dangerous tackle or a least not in the spirit of the game

Apparently the refs have lodged a protest stating our win was not in the spirit of the game!!

• Does anyone think we did it deliberately, especially when they were in our 20 to stop their momentum and expansive plays .

• While Esan was lining up his third penalty kick Cam was in the ref’s ear for an eternity that was our last penalty for the game, well refereed Cam.

• Absolute joke. 18-8 penalty count for the game to the storm, 9-1 against us in the second half. Makes the victory even more sweeter.

• @:

Does anyone think we did it deliberately, especially when they were in our 20 to stop their momentum and expansive plays .

Yes!

Great to see our guys backing themselves though in Defence!

Recent Topics