Mats sin binning

• Banned

I don’t think this has been mentioned anywhere.

Am I right in saying we did not touch the ball for the entire 10 minutes he was off? I can’t recall us having one set in this period. It was Melb try, kick off, penalty, penalty goal kick. Kick off, line drop out that they got back, penalty, penalty goal kick. Etc etc etc.

• I think we had one set in there

• I don’t think we did. The refs did everything they could to piggyback them up the field and write the game off.

• If we did it was only very briefly, that I can remember anyway.

All that aside, didn’t Big Ben make it up to the team with his brilliant offload for Brooksy’s match winner!!

Loving how this team is never giving up.

• Cammy Kardashian milked that well.

I think Mats only just tapped him on the shoulder and he fell on his back, just like Kimmy the moment she sees a camera.

• @:

Cammy Kardashian milked that well.

I think Mats only just tapped him on the shoulder and he fell on his back, just like Kimmy the moment she sees a camera.

How that deserved a sin bin and not just (another) penalty amazes me.
    Seems the refs have sin bin fever - that was not the only one from games over the first two rounds that was unwarranted.

• @:

Mats ,while offside, just stood his ground when Smith run into him and dropped like he was shot by a sniper. Et tackled him but he was onside. It was a reflex by the ref. Definitely not a professional foul. Definitely not a sin bin

• @:

@:

Seems the refs have sin bin fever - that was not the only one from games over the first two rounds that was unwarranted.

On that note, I watched the highlights from the Chooks v Dogs, the sin bin given to Isaac Fiu for defensive offside was strange as well. Seems 2018 is year of the sin bin!

• @:

Am I right in saying we did not touch the ball for the entire 10 minutes he was off? I can’t recall us having one set in this period. It was Melb try, kick off, penalty, penalty goal kick. Kick off, line drop out that they got back, penalty, penalty goal kick. Etc etc etc.

I guess if Melbourne had a line drop out then we must’ve had at least one set, but that’s probably about it. Remarkable win!

• @:

@:

I agree, they’ve gone from complete reluctance to ever use the sin-bin, and now they go bananas for even the suggestion of a pro foul.

I mean certainly Mats was offside but Smith had run 8-9 metres, so it was borderline and he wasn’t exactly about to score. We were pinged some 18 other times for ruck issues, but that one copped 10?

If refs are going to be so palms-happy, so be it, but bring back the 5 mins SB so teams aren’t getting shellacked for the borderline calls. Because it is a borderline call in many of these instances, even Moses’ one last week wasn’t cut and dried, as much as I dislike the bloke.

• didn’t we trap them from the kickoff?

• @:

Smith just fell over. It was a terrible decision by the refs. Worse than last week when Brooks was sent off.

• @:

@:

@:

I agree, they’ve gone from complete reluctance to ever use the sin-bin, and now they go bananas for even the suggestion of a pro foul.

I mean certainly Mats was offside but Smith had run 8-9 metres, so it was borderline and he wasn’t exactly about to score. We were pinged some 18 other times for ruck issues, but that one copped 10?

If refs are going to be so palms-happy, so be it, but bring back the 5 mins SB so teams aren’t getting shellacked for the borderline calls. Because it is a borderline call in many of these instances, even Moses’ one last week wasn’t cut and dried, as much as I dislike the bloke.

Come on, Moses should have been sent off and received 12 weeks suspension for impersonating a human being.

All jokes aside, they have gone overboard.

• Banned

@:

@:

I guess if Melbourne had a line drop out then we must’ve had at least one set, but that’s probably about it. Remarkable win!

They got the ball back off that drop out mate.

• Very telling section of play… Melb were getting down the field and building some great momentum, and Smith decides to take the 2???

We had them rattled!

Recent Topics