Back to the Future

• Hi all

Sorry to leave out the current younger WT fans in this one

Back doesn’t these last two performances remind you of the Balmain /Wests days when Wok (Warren Ryan ) coached both sides

Maybe this is what Ivan was referring to when he made this comment

From an old Wests Magpies supporters POV it feels very similar , especially with our hard nosed professional edge we have we a few young players coming through ??

Thoughts

• Yep after a couple of games I think this is what IC meant. Great to see the boys never give up. Their line speed is unreal & is something I’m most happy with - love that we’re attacking with our defence.

Still we need to keep this up week in week out., but the early signs are good.

Re. our attack, there seemed to be a lot more offloads from us last night so it looks as though 2nd phase play will be a big part of our attack this year. I’d just like to see more players in motion & backing up to take the advantage. We’ll improve with confidence.

It really is a team effort in both attack & defence.

• Agree with above posts.

It’s actually on many levels I think. Apart from above he may mean,

1. The Wests sides from 70s and their intensity.

2. The offloads of Balmain 80s sides.

3. The return of the camaraderie of the WT 2004 to 2012.

4. Benji returning.

• @:

Yep after a couple of games I think this is what IC meant. Great to see the boys never give up. Their line speed is unreal & is something I’m most happy with - love that we’re attacking with our defence.

Re. our attack, there seemed to be a lot more offloads from us last night so it looks as though 2nd phase play will be a big part of our attack this year. I’d just like to see more players in motion & backing up to take the advantage. We’ll improve with confidence.

Grub is a very good support player

• @:

@:

Yep after a couple of games I think this is what IC meant. Great to see the boys never give up. Their line speed is unreal & is something I’m most happy with - love that we’re attacking with our defence.

Grub is a very good support player

Yes he is.
    Offloaders will be our style up to 20 last night. If we get to 30 plus it will be a very long season for us and even longer for our opponents and detractors.

• They remind me of the pre-johns era of the knights. Just a very tough pack/ team that make you earn every inch.

• https://mobile.twitter.com/nrl/status/975656874388348930

This is “back to the future” enjoy forumers

Recent Topics