Clearys comments

• “We all make mistakes, but that’s a big one”

I think this was referring to Klein’s crap final decision.

Would the NRL have the Kahunas to run salt into our wounds & slap the club with a fine?
    Or would they rather the embarrassment of the way the game was decided is not worth more publicity and hope it all goes away quickly

• They wouldn’t have the temerity. Not even the NRL would stoop to that.

• Ivan was almost in disbelief that the decision was given. Look at his body language, totally oblivious to how the refs came to that decision. That said, he looked like he was fairly disappointed with our attack.

• That is at least twice we have been beaten by a penalty in golden point. Refs wouldn’t have the balls to call it on a big club. Anyone got any stats on how many golden point games have been decided by a penalty goal? I bet we would be over represented……it not a coincidence…it’s bias

• The NRL cant have their "golden boys"drongos lose on a friday night.Pathetic by Klein

• Was a bad call however Cleary’s comments were to the point but balanced. No way he gets fined he never attacked the refs integrity or performance as a whole just gave his opinion on one decision when asked.

• Cleary continues to impress; his demeanour and pragmatism in this interview is a good representation of both himself and where the club is now at.
    Stuart or Toovey may have blown their cool in this presser but not “Icey”.

The tigers this year are a different beast to any I’ve ever seen and even playing terribly are better to watch than they have been in years.

Tough loss but I’m loving being a tigers fan again. ☺

• Turnstyle you are so right, not our best game last night but gee we didnt deserve to loose. Hope we bounce back next week.

• The penalty was bewildering. Inexcusable.
    But our attack is something that really needs to be addressed. I’ve defended Brooks in the past, but he was awful in the first half. He repeatedly took the wrong option and didn’t mount any pressure. We really needed someone to take control of this game when it was there for the taking and no one stood up.

I don’t know what the solution is to our attack, but we don’t look threatening at all close to the line. We don’t look like having anyone who is capable of busting the line from our own end. I wouldn’t mind seeing Milne have a shot, but we’re lacking genuine pace.

Goal kicking let us down last night and it looks like being a long term issue.

We didn’t deserve to lose tonight. Not the way we did. But I’m not convinced we deserved to win either. Like Cleary said a draw was probably a fair result.

• We saw a perfect example last night why the nrl needs a strong leader who will punt this golden point into history where it belongs
    The AFL dont have that crap….guess thats why they get 90 thousand to a game and league has to give away tickets to get 10 thousand

• I would have been disappointed if he’d said nothing.

I’d reckon he’d be happy to cop a fine to let them know that there accountable.

No comment and the same old keeps happening in my opinion

Well said & tactical Ivan

• @:

I would have been disappointed if he’d said nothing.

I’d reckon he’d be happy to cop a fine to let them know that there accountable.

No comment and the same old keeps happening in my opinion

Well said & tactical Ivan

Dunno about happy to cop a fine… No one like that.
    I agree on him speaking up… Don’t get me wrong

• There is nothing wrong with saying a ref made a poor decision.

Questioning the integrity of the refs is the big no no.

Nothing wrong with what he said.

• @:

“We all make mistakes, but that’s a big one”

Would the NRL have the Kahunas to run salt into our wounds & slap the club with a fine?
    Or would they rather the embarrassment of the way the game was decided is not worth more publicity and hope it all goes away quickly

No

• @:

@:

“We all make mistakes, but that’s a big one”

No

Considering they’ve admitted it was a wrong decision… Yes, we can safely assume there’ll be no fine

Recent Topics