Herald now charging for most content on their digital site

• The SMH is now gouging money to read the digital version of their paper, they now have even less than the Telegraph that is available if you don’t subscribe… All RL news was blocked this morning.,

• Been that way for a while I think

ABC news is still free if you can cop the left wing slant.
    It’s been my homepage after SMH started charging… I usually browse some headlines but don’t hang around

• @:

Been that way for a while I think

ABC news is still free if you can cop the left wing slant.

I tried but I couldn’t tolerate it. How can so many journos be that out of touch with reality? not that ive found a viable alternative mind you. What a wasteland.

• @:

The SMH is now gouging money to read the digital version of their paper, they now have even less than the Telegraph that is available if you don’t subscribe… All RL news was blocked this morning.,

Gouging ??

Didn’t realize that editors , journalists , support staff etc worked for free

Don’t take this personally GCT , but there was a day when we all paid for the news and bought these things called newspapers

Society seems to think they can take everything for free now

• Exactly. This is capitalism! Why should anyone give anything away?

Alternatively, try putting your iPhone into private browsing mode for a suggestion from left-field.

• @:

The SMH is now gouging money to read the digital version of their paper, they now have even less than the Telegraph that is available if you don’t subscribe… All RL news was blocked this morning.,

Canberra Times normally have most of the same articles.

• Thanks
    I usually browse the digital form to see if there’s anything interesting and if there is ,
    I buy the paper

I just hate paying anything to Rupert and his shonky mates

• @:

Exactly. This is capitalism! Why should anyone give anything away?

Alternatively, try putting your iPhone into private browsing mode for a suggestion from left-field.

Because I don’t want to pay for it 😆

• @:

@:

Sorry you feel that way …. journalists, who are real people, need to be paid.

• They shouldn’t hang around grubs like Murdoch then
    Is that true that they are real people??Hhhhmmm!
    Does that apply to all of them.
    From most of the posts concerning journalists on this forum , I wouldn’t have thought so. Lol

• @:

They shouldn’t hang around grubs like Murdoch then
    From most of the posts concerning journalists on this forum , I wouldn’t have thought so. Lol

You do understand that the paper you commented on has npothing to do with Murdoch ?? Perhaps you should fork out the money because more reading might be helpful

• @:

@:

They shouldn’t hang around grubs like Murdoch then

You do understand that the paper you commented on has npothing to do with Murdoch ?? Perhaps you should fork out the money because more reading might be helpful

Sorry to disappoint younBoony, but I do know that Murdoch owns the Tele,
    It’s just that I think that Murdoch is a bigger grub than most in that business.
    And a lot here have posted posts saying the same thing about Tele Journalists. I’m not saying that tits true, but it’s a common belief at times 😃

• @:

@:

@:

I think sighting Rothfield as an example weakens your argument somewhat

• The incognito window should provide full readability.

• @:

@:

@:

@:

I think sighting Rothfield as an example weakens your argument somewhat

Rothfield is a tow truck driver , not a journalist

Recent Topics