GOLDEN POINT

• That atrocious, erroneous ref decision aside, I think something needs to be done regarding Golden Point during season games. I’m fine with it in Finals but there may be a way to keep it and acknowledge both teams effort…

What if… at the end of 80 min regulation time the score is drawn, both sides get 1 competition point like they would in a drawn match. THEN teams play golden point, the winner of which gets the extra competition point. This also adds another layer to the term ‘golden point.’ So…

END OF REG TIME: 1 point each
    END OF GP TIME: Winner takes the extra point thus taking 2 competition points for the win, ‘loser’ takes home 1 comp point for the draw.

This way the ‘losing’ team is recognised for their effort and don’t walk away with the same amount as Parra when they were beaten by 54 points.

Thoughts?

• Golden try would do me.

No ti extra point and no to field and penalty goals

• Golden try would do me.

No ti extra point and no to field and penalty goals .

Unless of course it’s a blatant penalty.

• Not a fan. It’s not junior footy where everyone gets participation awards. The brutal reality of sport is sometimes losing feels like s kick in the guts. It’s not something that would be discussed if we had come out on the winning end.

• @:

Golden try would do me.

Golden try has some merit. Thst’s a better alteration. Just like in NFL, a team can’t win in OT with a field goal on their first possession.

• Well we would not express criticism it if things went our way last night.
    Boy those referees sure have it in for new boys on the block.
    Just one lousy down the field penalty last night and we would have won it.

• This is the americanisation of our sport. There has to be overtime, there has to be a result.

No there doesn’t there is a thing called a draw. Only need to manufacture a result in knockout situations.

• I think the point for the draw, and then an extra point for the win in golden point is an excellent system the NRL needs to implement. Like Tarl said, we got the same amount of competition points last night as Parra did after losing by 54 and not scoring last week.

• 3,2,1,0 points system.

3 points for normal win & 0 for a loss.
    2 points for GP win & 1 for GP loss

• @:

@:

Golden try would do me.

Golden try has some merit. Thst’s a better alteration. Just like in NFL, a team can’t win in OT with a field goal on their first possession.

And if there is no try or a blatant penalty than we have a draw

• @:

@:

@:

Golden try would do me.

And if there is no try or a blatant penalty than we have a draw

I’d amend slightly. You can kick a field goal, but it’s play on. If that gets you home, great. But the match only ends with a try.

• @:

3,2,1,0 points system.

And a bonus point for scoring 5 tries.

• @:

That atrocious, erroneous ref decision aside, I think something needs to be done regarding Golden Point during season games. I’m fine with it in Finals but there may be a way to keep it and acknowledge both teams effort…

What if… at the end of 80 min regulation time the score is drawn, both sides get 1 competition point like they would in a drawn match. THEN teams play golden point, the winner of which gets the extra competition point. This also adds another layer to the term ‘golden point.’ So…

END OF REG TIME: 1 point each
    END OF GP TIME: Winner takes the extra point thus taking 2 competition points for the win, ‘loser’ takes home 1 comp point for the draw.

This way the ‘losing’ team is recognised for their effort and don’t walk away with the same amount as Parra when they were beaten by 54 points.

Thoughts?

Been suggested in another thread - Live one I think.

My thought is NO.

no extra time - draw, one point each is the way to go as it was for donkeys.

Need to stop TV from running our game.

• Good points. I also prefer just letting a draw be a draw. Both teams deserved something from that game.

• @:

3,2,1,0 points system.

what happens if it is still level at the end of GP?

Recent Topics