Goal kicking

• Once again goal kicking really sort of lost us the game last night, Masters converts MCK try and we win. Not blaming Masters but we need to have a goal kicker who has experience.

I’m confident this won’t be the first time this year that goal kicking will lose us games….

• This is the teams biggest issue atm.

• I repeat.

Sign Isaako …… tough little nut, plays anywhere in back line and a goal kicker.
    Great composure and attitude for such a young player.

• Can I get one pls

• @:

I repeat.

Yep
    It’s that simple 😒

• @:

I repeat.

Would be hard as when he was playing at Cronulla he rung up Brisbane to see if they wanted him just like Benji did with us, he obviously wanted to be up there family, friends ect. But i would take him in a heart-beat.

• @:

Once again goal kicking really sort of lost us the game last night, Masters converts MCK try and we win. Not blaming Masters but we need to have a goal kicker who has experience.

I’m confident this won’t be the first time this year that goal kicking will lose us games….

Yes I totally agree with this comment teddy23, I’m afraid not having a reliable goal kicker is going to lose games for us. Tui is the best goal kicker we have at the moment, but it seems he is not always going to get picked in the team.

I hope Marsters kicking has improved, or would Benji be a better option :brick:

• I think Benji over Marsters, but ideally we want Tui in the side. This week will be interesting

• @:

I think Benji over Marsters, but ideally we want Tui in the side. This week will be interesting

I don’t know if Benji will play a full game with Reynolds in the 17. He was kicking well a few years ago. Haven’t seen him kick of late.

• We have Ivan Cleary and Brett Hodgson in our coaching ranks who were both excellent goal kickers.

You would think that either or both could work with Marsters and Marshall to improve their kicking.

• I hate going into any game without a guy in your team that has a real chance of kicking every shot he gets. Masters missed a sitter against the Bronks, he kicks that goal and Klien would not have got the opportunity to make a blunder. Tui was not great, but he was not horrible either. I guess we just have to have faith in Cleary, he seems to get it right more often than not

• @:

We have Ivan Cleary and Brett Hodgson in our coaching ranks who were both excellent goal kickers.

You would think that either or both could work with Marsters and Marshall to improve their kicking.

Whoever (Ivan/Hodgson…or both) worked with Lolohea over the offseason did a great job. His style has changed from last year and his conversion rate is quite high this season.
    As you mentioned. Hopefully they can make improvements with other players.

• ForumSupporter

Brett Hodgson works with the goal kickers…

Quadja is nailing them from everywhere…

• @:

Is that drinkwater?

• @:

I still don’t get the nickname….

Recent Topics