Brooks a 6?

• I’m trying to come to terms with the possibility of Nathan Cleary, if he was too come what happens with Brooks. I’m really liking the way he has been playing this year, improved massively on defence and his running game and confidence looks to be up.

Going on the basis that Benji has been steering the ship in terms of game management and Brooks basically working off that with his running game and short grubber kicks.

The question I ask is can Brooks turn into a 6?

I really think he can, would prefer him there over the 9 any day.

6. Brooks
    7. Cleary

9. Reynolds/Liddle
    14. Liddle/ Reynolds

Thoughts?

• I don’t think he has the composure and maturity to steer the team around the park. Without all that pressure with a composed half inside him, could be a great 5/8. Looks great when he runs the ball

• I’ve thought this before as well. It would be much easier to transition from 7->6 if you have a good running game as a half, which brooks does. To take that pressure off him would probably help him. He showed composure last night to slot that field goal and put a few good grubbers in for a try and some repeat sets, but its his general play kicking that lets him down.

Cleary/Brooks 7/6 combo would actually be lethal. Especially having two halfs Right/left kickers and Brooks could be that second option for field goals and repeat sets close to the line.

Actually hope Ivan is thinking this way!

• @:

I’ve thought this before as well. It would be much easier to transition from 7->6 if you have a good running game as a half, which brooks does. To take that pressure off him would probably help him. He showed composure last night to slot that field goal and put a few good grubbers in for a try and some repeat sets, but its his general play kicking that lets him down.

Cleary/Brooks 7/6 combo would actually be lethal. Especially having two halfs Right/left kickers and Brooks could be that second option for field goals and repeat sets close to the line.

Actually hope Ivan is thinking this way!

Would be a long a great future mate. Finals for years!!

• I like the look of Tyson Gamble as well. Playing some decent footy in the ISP.

• @:

I like the look of Tyson Gamble as well. Playing some decent footy in the ISP.

Competition is what brings the best out of players……

• Yep i like the sound of Brooks in the number 6 jersey

• @:

@:

I like the look of Tyson Gamble as well. Playing some decent footy in the ISP.

Competition is what brings the best out of players……

Absolutely agree. I think Rochow is reaping the rewards of this. He has been awesome

• Brooks and Moses didn’t work well. Which was nothing to do with the numbers on there backs. Lots of halves can switch between halfback and 5/8. Morgan, JT,Benji, DCE, ect.
    I think Brooks could play 6 quite well. I don’t think Reynolds or Gamble could play 7 though. Not that I’ve seen much of Gamble.
    I guess it’s more combinations and fitness. Halves get injured a lot.
    So it’s good to have depth in the halves.
    Right now so many halves are with the rehab teams rather than the NRL team.

• @:

Brooks and Moses didn’t work well. Which was nothing to do with the numbers on there backs. Lots of halves can switch between halfback and 5/8. Morgan, JT,Benji, DCE, ect.
    I think Brooks could play 6 quite well. I don’t think Reynolds or Gamble could play 7 though. Not that I’ve seen much of Gamble.
    I guess it’s more combinations and fitness. Halves get injured a lot.
    So it’s good to have depth in the halves.
    Right now so many halves are with the rehab teams rather than the NRL team.

I feel as if that partnership between Moses and Brooks didn’t work well based on maturity and game management.

Benji has brought that to the team and we’re reaping the rewards.

In fairness I reckon you chuck Moses in the team now and take out Benji, you’ll get more points cause Benji just doesn’t possess that skill anymore to score points from anywhere. But then you lose direction and that’s what we lacked.

And Brooks still doesn’t have that game manegemnt and maturity trait yet,

N Cleary I feel is the perfect partner with Brooks cause he’s a Benji in terms of game manegement, but he can also score points and don’t get me started on his goal kicking.

• Joey Johns said a few years back, Moses and Brooks should swap positions, Moses is a half and Brooks a five eighth

Recent Topics