New Halfback Needed

• Nathan Cleary has suffered a grade three medial ligament damage. This means that he will be out for 10 weeks. 10 weeks from today is June 2, SOO 1 is June 6. So Cleary will be unavailable for at least the 1st match of the series.

Cleary was the front-runner for #7 jersey so there is a new halfback needed. Brooks has been playing very well lately. If Brooks keeps improving like he has been, is he a chance at NSW #7?

The only other options are Pearce (surely not again), Maloney (ill discipline), Moses (bad defence), A Reynolds (spends more time on sidelines than on the field).

Thoughts???

• Brooks is definitely not confident enough nor consistent enough imo. Needs to grow under Cleary. Wonder if DCE wants to swap sides. He doesn’t get any love from north of the Tweed!!!

• no.

• Its not April fools day yet?

Brooks has improved this year but talking about State of Origin consideration is scrapping the barrel.

Mitchell Pearce may get a recall

• @:

Brooks is definitely not confident enough nor consistent enough imo. Needs to grow under Cleary. Wonder if DCE wants to swap sides. He doesn’t get any love from north of the Tweed!!!

The lack of love from the hooker/referee/selector south of the Murray is likely more of a problem for him.

• Doubt Cleary was the front-runner it’s still too early for him imo.

I’d be perfectly happy with picking the same halves combo it’s the forwards that began to get dominated in game 2.

Pearce has a bad record just like every other Blues player so using that against him is just retarded.

• Pearce v Cronk in state of Origin
    Pearce will want it bad

• @:

Pearce v Cronk in state of Origin
    Pearce will want it bad

Cronk has retired from rep footy

Pearce v either Hunt or DCE

• @:

@:

Pearce v Cronk in state of Origin
    Pearce will want it bad

Cronk has retired from rep footy

Pearce v either Hunt or DCE

Morgan

• ForumSupporter

Robbie Farah

• Banned

@:

Robbie Farah

he still has it in him, his last rep work was against the Aussies and he held up well there

• Banned

@:

Brooks is definitely not confident enough nor consistent enough imo. Needs to grow under Cleary. Wonder if DCE wants to swap sides. He doesn’t get any love from north of the Tweed!!!

DCE wasn’t that great last night against Bunnies but agree with you about Brooks. He is still a bit turnstylish.

• Still a fair way out but I would say NSW will go with Pearce. As long as Moses is not in the team….

If Moses played I would possibly be secretly hoping QLD dominated. 😊

• If Moses makes SOO which IMO will never happen I would put the house on QLD to win.

• Poor Freddy…
    Might teach him to keep his big mouth shut

Recent Topics