Steve Blocker Roach’s emotional Wests Tigers admission Wests Tigers

• Steve Blocker Roach’s emotional Wests Tigers admission
    Wests Tigers
    Nathan Ryan

April 3, 2018 5:03pm
    Nathan Ryan
    @nath_ryan
    Source: FOX SPORTS

IT’S not often you see one of the games hardest men with a tear in his eye but Steve Roach is embarrassed.

He loves the Wests Tigers.

He’s a man who wears his heart on his sleeve and sees the world through orange and black eyes but even he doubted them.

“This is the first admission I’m going to make to you this year,” Roach declared to Fox Sports.

“When I looked at their draw I thought they were going to be 0-5.

“It’s a big man that can admit his mistakes.”

While much has been made of the sizzling form of Benji Marshall, Roach believes 2018 has been the making of Luke Brooks as a half.

The 23-year-old made his first grade debut in 2013 but it’s been a slow burn for the general to find consistency in his game.

“You know who I’m most proud of? Luke Brooks. He’s a young kid who came into the Tiger culture only a few seasons ago,” Roach said.

“They likened him to Andrew Johns and he should be this and that – sometimes it takes time to warm yourself in, especially when you’re in the number seven and have to control.

“I’m happy for the Tigers. It’s sensational.

“He is playing some super footy and I can’t believe they aren’t even mentioning him as a pure halfback in representative calls.”

While his former teammate Mitchell Moses has been thrown up as a contender for the Blues this year, Brooks’ name has never entered the conversation.

But should he be in a NSW jersey?

“He’s well on his way,” Roach declared.

Much of Brooks’ success is a credit to the forward pack.

The addition of Russell Packer and Ben Matulino has added mongrel and intimidation to their pack and brought back the fear factor of old.

“I always though the Tigers were an intimidating type of team and that’s what they hung their hat on (but) over the last couple of years, they’ve been a little bit like pussy cats,” he said.

“It hurts me to say it but now when I look at their forward pack and the way they’re going, they’ve got a bit of mongrel in them.

“Sides when they play the Tigers now know they are going to have to roll the sleeves up and have a dig.”

Does Steve Roach suffer from schizophrenia or something? one day he wants the Tigers to relocate and the next he is crying because of his love of the Tigers

• Roach is up there with Elias and Tommy for rent-a-quotes except Tommy would never suggest sending us to WA.

• This guy should never be allowed to talk about the Wests Tigers.

“Tigers should move to Perth”. Idiot!

“Brooks should be considered for representative duty - he is well on his way.”
    He is in the last 4 games only starting to get it together.

This guy could make a career of admitting his mistakes.

As a commentator he would make a great bricklayer.

• Correct me if I’m wrong….didn’t Steve get involved with Manly in some capacity. If so why doesn’t he go and support them

• He’s almost as bad as benny in terms of dragging the club down. Wish Pearce was more involved, he’s one of the few sensible ones.

• “It’s a big man that can admit his mistakes.”

Did he just say that in reference to himself?
    Hahahahaha, trying to big note himself. I wish he would just disappear along with Benny. Both love death riding the club and kicking them when they are down.

• @:

This guy should never be allowed to talk about the Wests Tigers.

“Tigers should move to Perth”. Idiot!

“Brooks should be considered for representative duty - he is well on his way.”
    He is in the last 4 games only starting to get it together.

This guy could make a career of admitting his mistakes.

As a commentator he would make a great bricklayer.

I don’t think he’s the brightest bulb in the pack. He just says what he thinks he is supposed to say as a “journalist”, and then he will occasionally say something from the heart that isn’t perfectly informed.

• with most sports (well mainly cricket, tennis and soccer), i look forward to hearing what past legends say about today’s game but RL “legends” seem to be full of crap and make cringeworthy comments

• @:

He’s almost as bad as benny in terms of dragging the club down. Wish Pearce was more involved, he’s one of the few sensible ones.

He’s worse. Got a break from him when he was dumped from 2GB and he was unemployed. Suddenly he’s on TV again and he doesn’t shut up. Like Elias, he could not care less about the club. More interested in looking like he does. He’s a fraud.

• Can all Wests Tigers supporters chip in and send these two idiots (Blocker and Benny) with one way tickets to Perth.

There the ones that should be there - not the TIgers.

• What a wanker ! last week putting the boot in and tells anyone that would listen our club should be culled and sent to Perth. Obviously to many hits on the head……

• I get the feeling that Pearce couldn’t care less about the Tigers……in fact I’ll go as far as to say that I think he is scarred from the 1989 GF loss and that’s why he’s son never considered playing for the Tigers

• ForumSupporter

So we not moving to Perth now Blockhead…

I can’t keep up with Blocky’s emotions…

• @:

Can all Wests Tigers supporters chip in and send these two idiots (Blocker and Benny) with one way tickets to Perth.

There the ones that should be there - not the TIgers.

They will still run their mouths in Perth. Send them to a deserted island with no internet or telephone access.

Recent Topics