Ivan Cleary take a bow

• Just thought he deserved an appreciation thread!

What he has done with the club in exactly a year is huge, looking back a year ago we got brushed off by Canberra by about 50 points.

More of a boys club with Woods, Teddy and Moses all under a contract cloud which was heavily affecting our season. We were 3-1 and going in a downwards spiral similar to a Benji bomb……

Looking at the tigers now, all 3 gone replaced with players who have a team mentality and are not necessarily winning games on the fact they’ve got the most talent on the field, but due to the reason that they sure as hell have the most heart.

We’re 3-1 and should really be 4-0 against the best teams the NRL has to offer - Melb, Roosters, Brisbane and Parra.

I see such significant improvements on the body language in terms of defence, and professionalism in attack that we’ve lacked for a while.

Ivan Cleary has turned the Wests Tigers from a team doomed for failure, to a squad deemed for upcoming success.

365 days from now who knows where we could be in comparison to 365 days ago!

In Ivan we trust!

• To quote Rabs call of Darryl Halligan’s conversion from the corner in the 1998 pre lim final “The man is a messiah”

• #onthebus

(says it all)

• Dont get me wrong I love nearly everything Cleary has done.

However I wont crown anyone until were back in the finals.

It would be monumental to achieve it this season with this side.

Whatever happens though I’m just proud to be a fan again the way there playing.

Just keep this up and ill be happy win or lose this season.

• @:

Dont get me wrong I love nearly everything Cleary has done.

Don’t worry mate.
    You’ll be #on the bus to finals games this year I reckon.

• Banned

I have no expectations for this year. A new coach with pretty much a new team. I thought it would take this year for them to gel and build combinations. But what Cleary has done is really focused on defence and it’s paying dividends. All I wanted this year was to beat the roosters, eels and bulldogs. 2/2 and one more to go. Finals or not, I will take every victory and as long as they keep playing with the team first attitude I will be proud.

• Happy Anniversary Ivan, but as he’d say we’ve achieved nothing and there’s plenty of work to be done.

• He has changed the culture, got rid of the rubbish who didn’t want to play for the jersey and I’m sure he will want to keep improving the club even more on and off the field

• one of my wishes is that we consistently, year after year, beat Canberra, Easts, Storm and Broncos, and that we become their worst nightmare. 😈
    Anything else is a plus :sign:

• Yes Happy Anniversary Mr Cleary. Thank you for giving our Club a Purpose, Belief and Desire! I am enjoying 2018.

• Well done Ivan would have to be in the running for Dally M coach of the year along with Stephen Kearney wont that be a game when they meet, Ivan is prepared to make the hard decisions is picking his team on form and not reputation as they say a week is long time in football but wow how things can/have changed in 12 months Ivan will have players wanting to play for us instead of us paying the earth to attract players Mr Pascoe extend his contract NOW

• @:

Dont get me wrong I love nearly everything Cleary has done.

Not trying to blast you Eddie , but what don’t you love that Cleary has done ??

Congrats Ivan , not sure what gift a first anniversary coach gets , but we should all chip in and get it for you

Contract extension perhaps ??

• ForumSupporter

Yes…… Cleary has done an outstanding job thus far…I had my doubts at times last year as I didn’t really see that much improvement but toward the back end of the Year he got me back on board…

The rapid improvement in attitude and culture is evident everyone is on the same page and everyone has bought into what he is about…you can see it in every interview they do …they might be cliched but it is becoming reality…

The 3 Laws are bearing fruit…

Cleary also seems to get the best out of his players …it’s a tough style we are playing…hard to maintain over an NRL season week in week out…but one that should get us more W’s than L’s …said for years the goal should be not to have back to back L’s …so far so good…

As for an extension if he gets us to the finals this season give him 10 more Years worked well with Sheens…

• He and the team have reignited my passion and interest in the team… Loving the attitude, camaraderie and playing for each other

• @:

Yes…… Cleary has done an outstanding job thus far…I had my doubts at times last year as I didn’t really see that much improvement but toward the back end of the Year he got me back on board…

The rapid improvement in attitude and culture is evident everyone is on the same page and everyone has bought into what he is about…you can see it in every interview they do …they might be cliched but it is becoming reality…

The 3 Laws are bearing fruit…

Cleary also seems to get the best out of his players …it’s a tough style we are playing…hard to maintain over an NRL season week in week out…but one that should get us more W’s than L’s …said for years the goal should be not to have back to back L’s …so far so good…

As for an extension if he gets us to the finals this season give him 10 more Years worked well with Sheens…

You just destroyed my sarcasm detector i will have to buy a new one now.Sheens should have left at the end of 2007-2008

Recent Topics