Eisenhuth relishing chance to do double on Storm

• Eisenhuth relishing chance to do double on Storm
    Author Dan Talintyre Timestamp Wed 4 Apr 2018, 11:01 AM

Wests Tigers forward Matt Eisenhuth is relishing the chance to take on Melbourne twice in a month after springing an upset over the defending premiers in 2018.

On that night, it was the visitors who provided the spoils in Billy Slater’s 300th match, and while there’s been mixed results for both sides since that occasion, the second year forward was confident his side would rise to the challenge once more as they looked to do the double over Melbourne in 2018.

“It was probably a shock to them that we went down there and got them last time,” Eisenhuth said.

"They were a bit off their game that night but I think we made them off their game at times. Our line speed and our pressure was good, and while it wasn’t for the full 80, we were dominating in periods.

"Other periods they got on top of us so we’ve got just to try and be on top for as long as we can.

"They’ve got a point to prove, but we’ve got nothing to prove.

“We can just go out there and do what we’ve been doing — we know we can compete with them because we showed that last time — so we’ll just work on what let us down against the Eels on the weekend.”

Despite already having tasted success over Craig Bellamy’s side in 2018 and currently sitting above them on the ladder, Eisenhuth added that Melbourne remained the benchmark for all sides this year.

“They’re the standard,” he said.

"They’ve been the standard for a long time and it shows in their results, and I think every team wants to go out and perform against them because you know it’s a great chance to measure yourself.

“They won the competition last year and you always want to take down the premiers.”

• We’ll calculated words from the Hooth.

• Very happy with those words, his assessment of the storm, and of our own game last week.

• ForumSupporter

Be interesting to see What happens when Taylor is fit…assuming he walks back into 13…Eisenhuth back to the bench who misses out…

I also liked that he went to an edge for a bit against Parra…

Oh and making Mitchell look like a dill was priceless…

• We had the Hooth chant going the other day…. Works surprisingly well when the teams going good

“hooth” “hooth” “hooth”!!

Rolls off the tongue nicely

• He brings the red guy stuff every match this bloke. A real asset to our club.

• @:

We had the Hooth chant going the other day…. Works surprisingly well when the teams going good

Ink, my good man, if you were chanting Hooth at him, he wouldn’t have a clue what you were on about.
    Can’t seem to get it through, but I’ll have another go.
    The ONLY abbreviation of Eisenhuth is Eiso.
    If you grew up with Brett Hodgson, you’d know his nickname has only ever been “Hodgo”.
    If someone started calling him “Son”, you’d think they were strange.
    That’s all about his name.
    As for Eiso the player . . . . hasn’t he been real good ?!. Very few mistakes and consistent, quality effort every time.
    It looks like he’s starting to look for an offload . . . which will add yet another dimension to his game.
    I can’t wait for this team to gel, and get some consistent combinations happening.

• @:

@:

We had the Hooth chant going the other day…. Works surprisingly well when the teams going good

Ink, my good man, if you were chanting Hooth at him, he wouldn’t have a clue what you were on about.
    Can’t seem to get it through, but I’ll have another go.
    The ONLY abbreviation of Eisenhuth is Eiso.
    If you grew up with Brett Hodgson, you’d know his nickname has only ever been “Hodgo”.
    If someone started calling him “Son”, you’d think they were strange.
    That’s all about his name.
    As for Eiso the player . . . . hasn’t he been real good ?!. Very few mistakes and consistent, quality effort every time.
    It looks like he’s starting to look for an offload . . . which will add yet another dimension to his game.
    I can’t wait for this team to gel, and get some consistent combinations happening.

Seems like you just can’t handle the “hooth”.

Anyway ,he is the hooth to me.

• Hahahaha

I’ll pay that Lards

• Seems like a pretty bright guy. I reckon he’ll work it out.

• Are we talking about the guy in the Hazlewood suit?

• Loving the Huth, he’s never looked out of place in fg, will only get better.

• Can someone please do up a “You can’t handle the Hooth” banner? Absolute gold

• You guys are killin me.
    So you are all in the WT dressing room on Skandalis’s retirement game.
    You walk up to him in front of 50 selected fans, players and club staff . . . go to shake his hand and say " well done Lis. Great career". And everyone wonders who “Lis” is, and who is this idiot decked out in WT gear that doesn’t even know Skando’s name.
    That’s what we are dealing with here.
    But you blokes seem to know it all, and persist with the embarrassment of calling him by the wrong name. But carry on.

• @:

You guys are killin me.
    So you are all in the WT dressing room on Skandalis’s retirement game.
    You walk up to him in front of 50 selected fans, players and club staff . . . go to shake his hand and say " well done Lis. Great career". And everyone wonders who “Lis” is, and who is this idiot decked out in WT gear that doesn’t even know Skando’s name.
    That’s what we are dealing with here.
    But you blokes seem to know it all, and persist with the embarrassment of calling him by the wrong name. But carry on.

Why is this upsetting you so much? I bet Clears and Marshy aren’t worried!

Recent Topics