Luke Garner & Lucas Price

• These fellas look good in NSW cup.
    Googled em and both are Manly recruits.

Thoughts?

• Particularly Garner …. not sure about Price looks bit fragile needs to bulk up a bit.
    I think Tali is better centre option.

• Garner is a strong defender.
    Make some great tackles in the current game.

• From what I’ve seen of the ISP this year, Garner goes pretty good. Not sure if he is good enough for the top 30 tho. As for Price, I think he’s actually pretty trash. I’d have Tali over him easily.

• Garner has looked impressive in the ISP so far. Coach love too.

Still a bit light but only young, looks to have a big future in front of him.

• Garner continues to perform …. doing everything right and I would like to see him in the NRL squad.

• Garner is clinical - does all the little things right and works hard in both attack and defence.

• @:

From what I’ve seen of the ISP this year, Garner goes pretty good. Not sure if he is good enough for the top 30 tho. As for Price, I think he’s actually pretty trash. I’d have Tali over him easily.

Garner is definitely good enough for top 30.

Like you, I am not sold on Price at all. Tries hard all day but I doubt he will get close to firsts.

• Could garner become our new simon dwyer?

• ForumSupporter

Garner is doing everything he possibly can to earn an upgrade…was ordinary last year in a side going ordinary…this year he has been a standout…

• @:

Garner is doing everything he possibly can to earn an upgrade…was ordinary last year in a side going ordinary…this year he has been a standout…

Yeh in the few games I watched last year I didnt think much of him. Appears to have put on some size but playing back in the backrow permanently seems to have helped a lot.

• I think they both played well and probably have an equal chance of playing first grade in the near future. If one of the first grade back rowers go down, Garner may be considered, provided his contract is upgraded to NRL level. He is more first grade ready with his line running and strong defense but Price could be considered late in the season for either wing or centre because of the shortage of outside backs. However, I have questions over Price’s speed. He is strong and willing but can he run the length? He is also a bit raw at this stage.

• Garner has been great and is out performing some of his experienced teammates. But back row is one position we already have great depth in the NRL squad; so I don’t see his contract being upgraded this year.
    I also think he was made captain for a reason. That is the club sees a future for him but they expect he’ll be the one constant in the ISP squad all year, when others will either be promoted or relegated at times.

• I have thought for a couple of weeks now that he is ready for NRL (Garner). Happy to have him continue at this ISP level until needed, but I wouldn’t be opposed to him being offered a top 30 contract. He would be exceptional coming off the bench. Great tackling technique.

• Garner close to an upgrade to NRL.

Recent Topics