Emotional Attachment

• Just wanted to start a thread about how these tigers have made you feel.

I have followed the tigers/magpies for 30 years an i have never been prouder of a team i have followed. I know this is on the back of a win but the way they play the supposed lack of talent just makes me literally emotional.

Even the players im not a fan of make me proud i have never had that.

May not have needed a new topic but im literally beaming

• Theyl give me a heart attack. Impressed with brooks though. He’s killing it.

• I could cry, it’s just amazing how far this team has turned around and it’s a side we have never seen before. The defence, the never giving up, just something really special.

Adding to that, we’ve done this on the back of injuries, injuries to key players no less as well and getting penalised a tad more that the opposition.

• I had about 10 heart attacks and was swearing at the screen every 5 minutes, but the boys just kept turning up when it counted. Really hard not to be proud of them.

• My finger nails have a week to grow back.

• My 8y/o daughter came in to watch so I had to watch my language (for the most part). Great team win. Go Tigers

• Listening on the radio but got so nervous with 2 to go, I couldn’t even do that!

• How good is it to follow a tough nosed, gutsy football team that bleed for each other and never says die.
    If we play like that and lose then i’m still (reasonably) happy - unlike the last decade.
    However, we also are winning.
    HOW GOOD IS IT!! :slight_smile:

• Its like a Disney movie! I stiil cant quite believe it but going to enjoy every minute for however long it lasts.

• I’m 51 and have followed the Tigers since I was 7. From about 13 I’ve hardly missed a home game . I’m happily married(again!!) and have 16 and 19 year old sons - both Tigers supporters. We are all members. I can’t explain why I feel the way I do but I love the Tigrrs with a passion. I ride every play and every result. As with you all, following the Tigers is a huge part of my life. I am absolutely delighted today. We were gone. Short turn around and Storm controlling the game. BUT WE FOUND A WAY TO WIN. We have a team my friends!

• @:

I’m 51 and have followed the Tigers since I was 7. From about 13 I’ve hardly missed a home game . I’m happily married(again!!) and have 16 and 19 year old sons - both Tigers supporters. We are all members. I can’t explain why I feel the way I do but I love the Tigrrs with a passion. I ride every play and every result. As with you all, following the Tigers is a huge part of my life. I am absolutely delighted today. We were gone. Short turn around and Storm controlling the game. BUT WE FOUND A WAY TO WIN. We have a team my friends!

Love the passion tiger steve. My 15 year old is over the moon. He can wear his jersey to training with real pride this year

• I told my boy his team is going crap this season , (he told me pre season he might become a Cowboys supporter)he is back on the bus

Mrs reckons she love to stick a heart monitor on me for the last 10 minutes of the close matches jokes all the time that do I realize they can’t hear me when I’m screaming to go left , slide , keep a straight line , hang on to the bloody ball , he’s gonna dummy etc

• My wife just doesn’t get my passion for my Tigers.
    She says I love them more than I love her (not quite right) but not far off.

• The high blood pressure is worth it when they get the result.

• @:

Listening on the radio but got so nervous with 2 to go, I couldn’t even do that!

I had the radio on too, I was at work and gee its more intense listening to a game then watching.
    step out for a brief moment with 5 to go and when i came back we had the 1 point lead, such a great start to year.
    i feel like we just played a semi final series.

Recent Topics