This is Just the Beginning

• I think something very special is building at the Tigers. It’s not so much the number of wins but the way that we have won them. It’s definitely flashier to win by scoring five or six tries a game but, it’s infinitely more impressive to win via an uncompromising defense built around one hundred percent effort from all members of the team. The defense has served us well and enabled us to withstand sin bins, bias refereeing and teams with superior attacking skill. It’s hard to see us sustaining this type of winning style but the foundation is laid. The team has learned that they can win with pure old fashioned guts and no nonsense football. Now watch what happens when the team’s attack begins to click and we add one or two class signings.
    This is just the beginning.

• I enjoyed this win so much more than the flashier games we’ve played in the past. Love the attitude!

• I agree. We’re winning games the hard way and it’s damn impressive!

• If the injury gods are kind to us anything is possible this year.

• A Wests Tigers team has never defended like this one has, not even when they won the comp. A team nullifying the opposition and winning games on it’s brilliant defence - It’s what we’ve all be crying out for near 18 years! How Cleary, the coaching staff and the team have achieved this, in such a short turnaround since last season, is just plain remarkable!

• @:

A Wests Tigers team has never defended like this one has, not even when they won the comp. A team nullifying the opposition and winning games on it’s brilliant defence - It’s what we’ve all be crying out for near 18 years! How Cleary, the coaching staff and the team have achieved this, in such a short turnaround since last season, is just plain remarkable!

Remarkable is the word! Actually, this style of football, though conservative, is a breath of fresh air!

• @:

A Wests Tigers team has never defended like this one has, not even when they won the comp. A team nullifying the opposition and winning games on it’s brilliant defence - It’s what we’ve all be crying out for near 18 years! How Cleary, the coaching staff and the team have achieved this, in such a short turnaround since last season, is just plain remarkable!

x 2. Nicely put!

• ForumSupporter

Week at a time

they tend to be long in Rugby League…

• As a long term tigers fan… the emotion isn’t getting the better of me… yet…

Melbourne aren’t what they used to be and almost beat us both games.
    Roosters we did well, but could have also gone either way.
    ParRa almost made a come back…

We could just as easily be 1/5

It’s a long season…

• @:

As a long term tigers fan… the emotion isn’t getting the better of me… yet…

It’s a long season…

All of that is true mate however I’m hanging my hat in the fact that in years gone by we WOULD have lost those games and we’d be 0-5, so whilst the sun is shining……

• If we’d played the way we have and been 1-5 I’d actually still be fairly happy.
    If my team is playing tough, hard football as a TEAM and giving their all then win, lose or draw I’m a happy fan. If they are playing flashy, cavalier football then it’s great when they win but whenever they lose (which is more often than not) I think - I wish they were tougher, I wish they played harder, I wish they played with heart.
    As it is they are playing tough as teak and winning - it doesn;t get any better :slight_smile:
    VERY happy fan.

• @:

As a long term tigers fan… the emotion isn’t getting the better of me… yet…

It’s a long season…

Geez mtd, have a beer, relax, enjoy the win. A lot could have happened but it didn’t. We could also be 5-0 but we aren’t.

• @:

If we’d played the way we have and been 1-5 I’d actually still be fairly happy.
    If my team is playing tough, hard football as a TEAM and giving their all then win, lose or draw I’m a happy fan. If they are playing flashy, cavalier football then it’s great when they win but whenever they lose (which is more often than not) I think - I wish they were tougher, I wish they played harder, I wish they played with heart.
    As it is they are playing tough as teak and winning - it doesn;t get any better :slight_smile:
    VERY happy fan.

Good post. This is all i wanted this year. Guys having a red hot go and hopefully being competitive every match. They’ve done that and more.

• Outright 2nd place on the ladder as of tonight. Enjoy it.

• If you look at Cleary’s record at his previous clubs that much is obvious. The guy is class.

Recent Topics