Player and match stats from today

1. Lolohea - 46 metres in attack, 8 runs, 1 tackle - more telling was the 40/20 save in the first half and 20 metre re-start late in the second half after the Storm missed their field goal attempt

2. Thompson - 86 metres in attack, 12 runs, 2 tackles

3. Marsters - 86 metres in attack, 1 try assist, 14 runs, 10 tackles

4. Naiqama - 52 metres in attack, 8 runs, 10 tackles

5. MWZ - 131 metres in attack, 19 runs, 2 tackles

6. Marshall - 31 metres in attack, 6 runs, 1 field goal, 12 tackles, 149 kick metres

7. Brooks - 87 metres in attack, 1 try assist, 1 line break, 9 runs, 10 tackles, 318 kick metres

8. Packer - 78 metres in attack, 9 runs, 23 tackles

9. Godinet - 7 metres in attack, 1 run, 14 tackles

10. Matulino - 109 metres in attack, 11 runs, 22 tackles

11. Lawrence - 93 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 line break, 12 runs, 18 tackles

12. Rochow - 142 metres in attack, 19 runs, 21 tackles

13. Eisenhuth - 85 metres in attack, 10 runs, 26 tackles

14. Liddle - 49 metres in attack, 5 runs, 17 tackles

15. Twal - 104 metres in attack, 11 runs, 32 tackles

16. Chee-Kam - 47 metres in attack, 8 runs, 14 tackles

17. Aloiai - 144 metres in attack, 1 try, 15 runs, 22 tackles

Possession: 55% - 27/37 sets - 73% completions
All run metres: 1508 (1431)
Post contact metres: 476 (489)
Line breaks: 3 (1)
Tackle breaks: 22 (35)
Av. set distance: 40.8 (35.8)
Kick return metres: 123 (118)
Offloads: 12 (11)
Kick metres: 574 (541)
Forced drop outs: 3 (1)
Effective tackles: 85.2% (89.8%)
Tackles made: 327 (377)
Missed tackles: 42 (24)
Ineffective tackles: 15 (19)
Penalties conceded: 7 (2)

Not enough metres from Lolohea for a first grade fullback.
Actually its pathetic.

Brooks found the grass many many times…

Our chase once again good…

We have made more metres than the opposition every game this year I believe…

@:

Brooks found the grass many many times…

Our chase once again good…

We have made more metres than the opposition every game this year I believe…

Nope, the Broncos pipped us.

Twal and Aloiai enormous off the bench.

Twal is a coaches dream, goes about his business with minimum fuss and does it well.

@:

Actually its pathetic.

He was very quiet in general. But it has to be said the combination of incomplete sets and Melbourne’s kicking tactics (to touch or to MWZ) meant there was much less return work for Lolohea to do. I’d like to see him getting more involved in attack though - wouldn’t mean big metres but might help us score a few more points. The jury is very much still out on Lolohea for mine.

73% completions is not good but can be excused with some wet conditions.

42 missed tackles needs to be improved considerably for future games.

Still, a good job to win with those two stats.

As Willow said lolohea pulled off two massive plays with the 40/20 and the smarts and awareness to know where the in goal area was

You can basically say he set Marshall up with the field goal creating the 7 tackle set

Marshall and Brooks push the team round the paddock , obviously they didn’t see opportunities for Lolohea

@:

Actually its pathetic.

You are very intolerant of our current FB - give him a chance to settle down,
he did some good things in that game.

@:

@:

Actually its pathetic.

He was very quiet in general. But it has to be said the combination of incomplete sets and Melbourne’s kicking tactics (to touch or to MWZ) meant there was much less return work for Lolohea to do. I’d like to see him getting more involved in attack though - wouldn’t mean big metres but might help us score a few more points. The jury is very much still out on Lolohea for mine.

His support play is non existent. I’m not sure what he is doing in attack.
He doesn’t inject himself into the attacking line.
46 metres isn’t good enough but i guess I’m used to Teddy getting 100+ a game.

I think thats the beauty of this team tbh. Mwz doesnt have alot of impact but is safe as houses under the high ball and his work ethic is amazing. Lolo isnt as active as other fullbacks and hasnt really injected himself offensively. Most of our forwards arent producing 100m a game. Robbie rochow is leading the comp in missed tackles. Kev still makes some poor defensive reads. Benji still has his brain explosion moments. Rowdy drops the ball a bit.

All of these are ok though we are finding ways to win and fighting hard on every play. These areas will improve which means the team will improve which to me is super exciting as we are beating good teams.

The future is bright

Lolo I think is better at 6 than 1 even tho he’s quite loose there…I actually thought to myself during the game he’s been very quiet.
The balance of the team isn’t still quite right… Next year with more recruitment and relegation in the quality of this off season or even better, hopefully the balance improves

@:

Twal and Aloiai enormous off the bench.

Twal is a coaches dream, goes about his business with minimum fuss and does it well.

Funny, I saw my cousin last week, Parra fan. I asked what was his club thinking letting Twal go. His response was “who?”

Seriously, they take Moses and we get Twal, Aloiai and Hooth. What a deal.

There were huge rain downpours just before the kickoff so I am not surprised completions were down.

Surprised there were so many missed tackles. Some really nice try savers from both teams could of easily been another 2-3 tries for both teams.

Melbourne were camped on our line in some extended periods and our defence held again.

Hard to single out certain players because it was another great team effort but Brooks… wow what a game from him. Now he is running it I hope he gets plenty of support players.

Rowdy another great game, he must be loving playing with a forward pack that go forward much like Brooks.

Biggest worry is the amount of injuries we might have out of the game but our depth is going great and ET/Reynolds will be close to getting back on the field.

Oh and how good is it seeing Liddle back on the field after such a long time on the sideline. :righton:

Tui still looks like he is carrying too much weight - someone had to say it!! (and no, it ain’t body shape, it’s that spare tire)… so he’s probably still building his motor to meet the demands of the #1 position.

If he could improve his reaction time to defending grubbers and start to support through the middle of the ruck it would improve his #1 play immensely.

But it’s still early days for him and I’m glad we’re winning even though he is a work in progress.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.