Liddle

• Is it just me or do we seem to lift in attack when he is on?

When he went off for the HIA i thought we looked flat again in attack.

When Jacob come back on half way through the 2nd half i thought we looked much better

His passes off the deck seem much smoother and hit there mark. His runs seem to be causing some of the bigger guys a lot of trouble.

Would like to see

9. Liddle

• Looks classy. Will need to be managed.

• @:

Is it just me or do we seem to lift in attack when he is on?

When Jacob come back on half way through the 2nd half i thought we looked much better

His passes off the deck seem much smoother and hit there mark. His runs seem to be causing some of the bigger guys a lot of trouble.

Would like to see

9. Liddle

Yes we are better when he is on. Liddle passes to where the player should be (i.e. to the space they need to run onto) whereas Godinet passes at the player.

• You’d hope within 2-3 weeks he can play 60 minutes and then comes the dilemma , who comes off the bench

Reynolds ,Benji ,Killer or ET to hooker and bring another forward on , perhaps JJ Felise

I was suggesting Lolohea but his goalkicking is too valuable now

• @:

Would like to see

9. Liddle

A few of tried to post this over the past few months that Liddle sparks the attack.

That Brooks, Marshall and the Full Back would benefit because of his quick accurate passing from DH, his quick darts from the PTB and his good defence. I suggested he had it all except a good kicking game etc. Think GNR for another one mentioned how much he was needed ……

We got howled down by he needs to come back in reggies, we haven’t seen enough of him, he can’t play 80 minutes, better to have McIlwrick and Godinet or bring on Taylor or Reynolds etc.

Look at the game today for what it was worth and tell us who you would rather have as the DH.

We rest our case.

• @:

@:

Would like to see

9. Liddle

A few of tried to post this over the past few months that Liddle sparks the attack.

That Brooks, Marshall and the Full Back would benefit because of his quick accurate passing from DH, his quick darts from the PTB and his good defence. I suggested he had it all except a good kicking game etc. Think GNR for another one mentioned how much he was needed ……

We got howled down by he needs to come back in reggies, we haven’t seen enough of him, he can’t play 80 minutes, better to have McIlwrick and Godinet or bring on Taylor or Reynolds etc.

Look at the game today for what it was worth and tell us who you would rather have as the DH.

We rest our case.

Liddle is all class and miles better than Godinet or McIlrick. He’ll end up being the NSW hooker in years to come if he stays fit.

• Our attack definitely improves dramatically when he is on the field. He’s one of those players who just look like they have a bit more time at dummyhalf when summing up options.

• The main thing he does is straighten the attack, directing the forwards up the middle of the field where we have most of our success in gaining metres. He’s also very quick in his own right and those darts from dummy half put the opposition defence in two minds. I’ve said since I saw him in U20s that he was going places. A future Blues No9 for sure.

• Some of his attempts in defense were questionable though to say the least.

• ForumSupporter

@:

Some of his attempts in defense were questionable though to say the least.

I liked the try saver…that was good…

• @:

@:

I liked the try saver…that was good…

He must of missed that, and some of his other good tackles

• Liddle’s coming off shoulder surgery for both shoulders. I can forgive him for missing some tackles.

He reads the game amazingly well. What impresses me is that he knows 2-3 tackles in advance what he’s going to be doing, especially when it comes to running the ball. He identifies good opportunities and tiring defenders like great hookers do.

The service out of dummy half is much crisper too. I cringe at a lot of Godinet’s passes because of how close they are to forward. Liddle seems to take a step out of dummy half when we’ve got momentum to make sure his pass to an oncoming forward isn’t flat, or forward. It’s quite clever.

I still think his frame is holding him back because he won’t be a great defender until he fills out a bit more and gets more confidence in his shoulders. Once he does though, he’ll be one of the better ones in the game for sure.

• @:

@:

Would like to see

9. Liddle

We rest our case.

It’s been pretty obvious from early on that he is a rolls royce. Can’t wait till he plays extended minutes. He will be even better with a full off season.

• @:

He has just had two shoulder reconstructions…,would still be building confidence

• When Brett Kimmorley coached him in the lower grades at the Tigers he said Jacob is the closest player he has seen to Cameron smith for smarts and skills at hooker

Recent Topics